SAU Community

Going for My P's Driving test on Wednesday. Advice Plz

krzysiu

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, his name is riggaP... you need a 4-door and he already said he is using an instructor's car.

If you had a clue you would also know that there is no power restriction on your learners or for your test (which you still do as a learner).

Power restricted car to do learners test... hmmm.... someone wasnt blessed with the benefit of intellegence.

Get an instructor dude...

Ummm if you bothered to read the whole thread mate you would see a couple of posts ago that i have...

Guest jimmyd17

lol.. if u have half an idea of what the test involves.. u will pass, no need to go out and spend a fortune on an instructor! the test is so easy its not funny. but an instructor cant hurt. as for driving a high powered car on ur P's, i think its a good idea to have a runabout car that doesnt go that hard to get some good experience in, but as far as im aware, the only state with restrictions on power/weight is victoria (the defect state)... im sure if it were "legal" to drive an R33 on your P's, no one would even think twice about the topic.. and it is legal, just not in VIC.. so who cares lol. just so long as you respect your car, and drive well within your limits, and your car's.. and also other road users i dont see a problem. one word of advise.. think about how good your skills are as a driver, and imagine you are only 3/4 as good as you think.. so in other words, dont go near your limit no matter how tempting it is. you've got a very quick car, of course you're going to enjoy the power its got, but just be extra careful. i look back at when i was 18 at some of the insane stuff i did on the road and at the time i thought i was driving safely, but as i've matured i realise i have also been lucky.

also watch out for cops because they love pulling R33's over.. ESPECIALLY ones with P plates.

thats my 2c

Thanks Jimmy. Bloody Victoria :rofl:

think about how good your skills are as a driver, and imagine you are only 3/4 as good as you think.. so in other words, dont go near your limit no matter how tempting it is

Very good piece of advice, i like it :P

Ummm if you bothered to read the whole thread mate you would see a couple of posts ago that i have...

Believe me I did... I just find it hard to trust someone who comes up with such a silly idea. I was merely trying to reinforce your decision.

Wardest shut the **** up. This isnt another lets whinge about young kids driving fast cars thread, so keep your un-needed opinion for somewhere else. We COULD go into a 100000 page thread about young drivers/fast cars/licensing/rules etc all that other bullshit but all krzysiu is asking for is HELP for his license test. This has nothing to do with the beast he has to drive or his age. It seems Wardest from your post that you have a tinge of envy in your post?? I know you wouldnt have owned a 250kw car when you were 17/18. neither do i, but im more than happy for him regardless, some people have all the luck :-) Sorry but im just getting sick of people going into threads of people asking things like "im on my p's buying a skyline, wat should i look for?? etc" and having them say dont buy a skyline your too young, etc etc. Fair enough it is dangerous and they are viable views, but its not gonna stop them buying one and your not even answering their question they originally asked. Save those opinions to where they are useful, as in the thread where that question is asked in the first place.

Good luck with ya test dude, make sure ya pass and do everyone a favour and drive your precious car safely!!!

Wardest shut the **** up. This isnt another lets whinge about young kids driving fast cars thread, so keep your un-needed opinion for somewhere else. We COULD go into a 100000 page thread about young drivers/fast cars/licensing/rules etc all that other bullshit but all krzysiu is asking for is HELP for his license test. This has nothing to do with the beast he has to drive or his age. It seems Wardest from your post that you have a tinge of envy in your post?? I know you wouldnt have owned a 250kw car when you were 17/18. neither do i, but im more than happy for him regardless, some people have all the luck  :-)  Sorry but im just getting sick of people going into threads of people asking things like "im on my p's buying a skyline, wat should i look for?? etc" and having them say dont buy a skyline your too young, etc etc. Fair enough it is dangerous and they are viable views, but its not gonna stop them buying one and your not even answering their question they originally asked. Save those opinions to where they are useful, as in the thread where that question is asked in the first place.  

Good luck with ya test dude, make sure ya pass and do everyone a favour and drive your precious car safely!!!

Thank you Michael :P

A couple of quick tips:

You only have three strikes... don't use them.

Defineitely do not dry steer when doing the three point turn... each one is a strike... 3 and your out...

Manners and being polite, to the instructor and fellow drivers will get you far...

Have fun!

DON'T DRIVE AN OVER POWERED CAR WHILST ON YOU Ps.  HOW STUPID ARE YOU?  

No I'm not kidding, I'm not sorry and I don't detract the question.

1) You will be on your Ps which to me indicates you have very little experience ( shut up, don't argue )

2) You'll be in a powerful car with very little experience ( to me that says suicide )

3) In doing so you are putting yourself, you passengers and other drivers at serious risk.( to me that says immaturity and culpable driving )  

4) You risk, defects, fines and demerit points by breaking the law.

Personally, as a member of this community I hope you are caught fined and canaried for driving an overpowered car whilst on a Probationary license.

A tip from me: take your first drive through Knox. When Officer Pettet nails you, AND HE WILL!!! Shake his hand for me.  

And don't even think about posting a whinge on here about it because all you'll get is a big finger and laughter coming from me.  You demonstrate the sort of attitude indicative of MCCR. Join them, don't tarnish what good name SAU has left.

I am appalled that you are so willing to break the law.

Grow up and pull you head in.

JUDGE WARDEST HAS SPOKEN :headbang:

Chris get some driver training atleast

Driver training is some use. But I have had two accidents before I was 21.

One where I was trying to impress someone, the other when I was upset.

I guess the real key is to know when you should go for a walk rather than a drive.

Both were issues of maturity I guess.