SAU Community

My first time.......defected!

i'll keep it short, left work at 7:30 tonight, got to thew lights to the left of the southern cross with jb hifi up and to my right and hindmarsh running accross me, saw a flyer on my window and noticed the word defect on it, jumped out while waiting and grabbed it, i was defected for having a worn front left tyre, cant begin to describe how furious i am! it isnt even down to its wear indicators, it has a worn edge, but the whole other tread is perfect, yet the vulture prick of a parking cop decided he'd do me for it anyway, and send me away for A FULL INSPECTION!!! the car handles, brakes and performs better than 90% of cars, yet because the outside of the edge of 1tyre is slightly worn, i get defected! and have to have the whole car checked!! so furious, have since left several tyre tracks on the way home. no wi have 2 weeks to get the probs fixed (cash wont be a problem for once at least) and i have formals to take people to, looks like the fronts will be put on the rear and ripped to shreds.

and to make matters worse, my g/f may be pregnant and she may have breast cancer.....great finish to the day!

sorry for the rant but i need to blow off some steam, and punching stuff seems a perfect solution now, but nevertheless wont solve anything.

Holy defectable tyres,Lycraman!Pardon the pun,considering the last few day,but when it rains,it pours!Typical gutless scumbags defecting a car without the owner in sight:it's something I fear a great deal.Where can you go for said "full inspection"?Does it HAVE to be Dickson?Anything we can do to help?As for the g/f prob's...errr...unless you're really hoping for it,no baby is a good baby,and the big "C" is the hardest thing I've been (not personally) exposed to over the years:hope THAT doesn't come back positive in any tests.Call out if ya need anything!

Anything at all, Just post and I'm certain you will have all the help you need from the other skyline owners around. Times like these you will find out just how many real freinds you have.

I dont have the probs you have at the mo. But getting my liner over rego at Dickson I have met some fantastic ppl keen to help. She goes over today on Jayce's complete exhaust system, 2 tyres for the rear lent to me, a hand from Ed out at integra (who did so much at short notice). Will post the results this arvo.

Offer stands if you need anything - Holler.

thanks very much for the kind words guys, i didnt get to sleep for ages last night, but just woke up feeling awefully calm and relaxed about the whole thing, im sure it will all be fine, im gonna go have a talk to ed tommoz and see what options i have, my exhaust is .3 of a decibel under the limit, sweeeetttt!. if they want to be pricks they could do me for a few things, but the car does NOT have to go over dickson....thank god!!!

but yes as jayce said, no baby is a good baby, so fingers crossed hey? im sure it will all be fine.

im thinking of walking of getting a lift to work from now on, asif im going to pay $6 a day to get defects and parking tickets.

and to gunmetal R33 thabnks VERY much for the pm, means alot!

and to everyone else who offered parts, support, thankyou ALL very much! now seeing as ed cant do roadworthys anymore, im going to have to find a good mechanic who can inspec the car fore me.....any ideas;op pms welcome.

good luck with it all, i am sure it will work out just fine, i went to pharleys (shephard st, hume) for the rego stuff on the old ute, they are good, and do both nsw and act.

keep your chin up, you have lots of mates in the skyline world, if i can help you with anything let me know.

Indeed keep the chin up, bit dissapointed in some views and things said in here tho, guys I dont think your G/f would like some of the things you have posted here and given its a public forum, maybe not a good idea.

I am a dad to a beautiful little baby Girl and wouldn't have it anyother way, it wasn't planned but it happened. Sure not for everyone, but its not like you didn't know the risks or its not self inflicted, I would hope that if it does come back positive you would be the grown up and take the responcibility for your actions (that means doing the right thing and supporting her in her decition no matter what that be). weather it be positive/negative or aborted its something that your partner will require alot of support and care, I would hope that anyone I am friends with would have that sence and respect for thier partners.

Canberra is a small place dont forget that! and I am sure she wouldn't like your comments on the subject

no baby is a good baby, so fingers crossed hey? im sure it will all be fine.

anyways, I am sure your just venting, just be carefull as people may take offence.

Indeed keep the chin up, bit dissapointed in some views and things said in here tho, guys I dont think your G/f would like some of the things you have posted here and given its a public forum, maybe not a good idea.  

I am a dad to a beautiful little baby Girl and wouldn't have it anyother way, it wasn't planned but it happened. Sure not for everyone, but its not like you didn't know the risks or its not self inflicted, I would hope that if it does come back positive you would be the grown up and take the responcibility for your actions (that means doing the right thing and supporting her in her decition no matter what that be). weather it be positive/negative or aborted its something that your partner will require alot of support and care, I would hope that anyone I am friends with would have that sence and respect for thier partners.

amen to that i agree completly.

also andrew yea its dodgy about the car but i think you got a few bigger issues eg baby + breast cancer ;)

g/f is studying radition theropy at the moment alot of her famiy friends have had breast cancer it isnt cool stuff :P i hope she gets it treated and recovers well :D

take it easy andrew.

I've got a std front pipe and cat, you can have on long term loan if you need it, Its not much, and maybe its not needed [you reckon your zoorst is OK], but its the only spare part I've got left -- been selling them as I go -- otherwise, good luck. Don't burn your tyres though, borrow another set and get it passed, then put yours back on. It's only one mongrel's opinion that they are worn, others may not even notice.

As for the gf, you have to follow your own destiny and rely on your own sense of values, nobody can make your mind up for you. What you, you and your gf, do is your decision.

The cancer, I hope results are negative, but you have support and well wishes from many here.

One day you will look back on this, and it may well be a defining moment in your life, [now the feel good stuff ends] don't f##k it up.......................lol.

Everybody has a 'crunch time' at least once in their lives, some of us have been there and done that, we can sympathise.

Kick back, don't be too hasty, wait till the whole chapter is written, things will be easier.

I am a dad to a beautiful little baby Girl and wouldn't have it anyother way, it wasn't planned but it happened.  Sure not for everyone, but its not like you didn't know the risks or its not self inflicted, I would hope that if it does come back positive you would be the grown up and take the responcibility for your actions (that means doing the right thing and supporting her in her decition no matter what that be). weather it be positive/negative or aborted its something that your partner will require alot of support and care, I would hope that anyone I am friends with would have that sence and respect for thier partners.

Canberra is a small place dont forget that! and I am sure she wouldn't like your comments on the subject  

anyways, I am sure your just venting, just be carefull as people may take offence.

WORD!

Dont mean to be a mean/rude or anything, just take a bit of care with your comments.

nah of course not stirlo, no offence taken, she hopes shes not pregnant more than i do, neither of us want a bub, i dont think i'll ever want one full stop and neither does she. otherwise i wouldnt have brought it up, she thinks shes fine, she skipped her period this week for other, um.....chick reasons i guess.

so i'll know by next week.

once again thanks for all your support guys, i knew i could count on all here to advise/support.

in regards to the car, the most important thing is to find someone who wont be a tight ass to me, but b4 that im going to follow it up and find out exactly who issued the defect, if it was a parking cop, then i'll have it dismissed as they cannot issue defects, the only other thing it could have been was a "random" inspection, and i use the term "random" loosely.