SAU Community

Question: Custom Boot install for R33

400HP

Hi guys,

Does anyone have a custom boot install for an R33? I've got quite a few questions:

1) has anyone removed the spare and put the sub in there in fibre glass?

2) does anyone face the at the right side of the boot from the left side or vice versa and does this sound good?

How much does this cost?

post your piccies too

Cheers

I don't see a reason why you couldn't do something like this.

The question then is where are you going to hide the spare wheel?

I have a dual 12" sub setup in my boot. If you choose the right sub the boxes can be small enough that the setup fits comfortably between the strut towers leaving plenty of room in the boot for other things.

I had my sub box, a welder, a mid sized PC tower, heaps of metal, some PC speakers, keyboards and other stuff in my boot and still plenty of room left....

As bass is no directional I don't see a problem with having a sub on the side. As long as the box is made right then the setup should be good.

Dude I dunno about that... I have two 12's in my boot and theres NO ROOM left!.... Maybe an R33 has a much smaller boot then the cefiro? not sure

but anyway I was gonna buy one of those tyre puncture inflaters that mercedes uses for the SLK as the SLK doesn't have a spare either.

Originally posted by A31_Cefiro

IAs bass is no directional.....

I tend to disagree...

I can clearly hear the bass difference when the subs are upright and the front of the sub facing the front of the car, in comparison to having the subs right at the back of the boot, laying down.. Much better like that....

.. i think there's an ideal layout -- As far back as possible, flat down ?

By directional he means when you listen to bass notes, you can't exactly define where the sound is coming from (front, back, left or right). As opposed to higher frequencies (treble) you can clearly tell from what speaker the sound comes from.

A sub will generally sound loudest at the back of your boot (closer to the back seat) facing the back of the car. Called rear loading.

Guest Crazyfcuk

to shed a bit of light on the topic, ive taken the tyre out of my boot completly and now rely on a couple of cans of tyre weld and good tyres.

Um goto www.cardomain.com/id/crazyfcuk to see some of the pics of my install if you want cause i cant really be bothered explaining the whole thing again.

However if you've got any questions then just post them here and ill try to reply to them

Ive done more work to the car than whats on the site, but havent updated the stereo section yet will do in the next day or so. also theres some photos on at www.shoreracing.co.nz/nationalsphotos.htm its the one with the green rings around the subs and speakers. actually i think theres only a small photo, so ill post some more tonight onthe cardomain site