SAU Community

Waiting For A Car? - The State Of Importing Cars From Japan ATM

RBN1

• Replies 580
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Galant VR4 that I bought in SEPT last year finally his Aus soil on Saturday. 5 Frikkin Months and then there will be all the crap of compliance etc.  

By the way. Anyone recommend a compliance workshop for 15yo in Brisbane?

Argh sorry man.... Your car won't be here till sunday 1130 pm or even monday morning. Sorry to keep you waiting. But i,ll let you know if it does a good victory donut on the wharf when it gets here. Might even post a pic for you.

Argh sorry man.... Your car won't be here till sunday 1130 pm or even monday morning. Sorry to keep you waiting. But i,ll let you know if it does a good victory donut on the wharf when it gets here. Might even post a pic for you.

bloody wharfies...

Damn clowns at seaway are screwing me around. 2 days in a row they said the car would be delivered to my house and both days nothing. Really ruins my weekend as I work over 10hrs + a day during week days and can't play around with it IF it arrives Monday.

I don't even know where this car is. Truck driver went to pick it up yesterday (for the second time) at lunch time, I get home from work and mum says no car here sonny!!!!! Can't get in touch with anyone there at seaway too. Sooooooooo angry at them right now, they've just left me hangin. :usuck: :P

Edit: 4 days later it has arrived :P

richard, I can give you a circuit diagram to make an electronic decice that taps into your HICAS computer and negates all the signals comin out of it if you want. No need for bar, just make the system blind.

that sounds promising. I'm not exactly a precision soldering machine though, which may be a problem :cheers:

Blacky is yours the Ivory Arrow frim KLine?

It says the origin is from Singapore - is that where these car carriers start from?

How long does it actually take for these ships to go from Japan to Freo?

The ivory arrow is in. went down yesterday and had a look at all the cars. Quite alot of 32s and 33s on the docks. Singapore was the last stop for the ivory arrow before it got to fremantle. i believe the 28th of january was when it left it's first japanese port. Hope that helps.

well my car has arrived and has apparently cleared customs. The problem is that it failed the quarantine inspection. I was supposed to get it last Friday now Monday but i've just been told it will be on a truck to my place 'morrow.

(finger crossed) Hopefully that Recaro seat chucked in the back is still there.

this waiting is killling me...

everything is done on the car, but now i'm just waiting on the plate from the engineer. it sucks when such little things are holding it up. i've been waiting so long i'm itching to get it on the road.

well it's a bit of a bummer, but the plate didn't arrive today, so no blue slip. :)

oh well, the good news is that it will be there in the morning so tomorrow I must registrate. then I can drive to shinjuku macdonalds and get that terriyaki burger I've been waiting so long for.