SAU Community

The Next GT-R (November '04 update)

Rezz

There is no way that body design will make it to market.
I... honestly... hope your right.

Part of the "breakaway" process from the bad old days of Nissan overspending and over development is designing cars that aren't linked visually with their predecessors. Hence the piss-poor efforts at reproducing the hotplates up until now amongst other things. This of course is all Carlos Ghosns doing, he seems to come up with most of the "sh!t" decisions at Nissan these days... not all of them (well Nissan management decided on Ghosn didn't they???)... but most of them :)

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's just amusing how your all cursing the style and design which is almost 2 years old, and not likely to change! Australian's have funny taste for a population of 20mil people compared to 126Mil in Japan and however Million in the States and across Europe. Accept the styling as the global car, because it's for everyone.

But when it becomes 5 or 6 years old or cheap enough to import you'll be all flocking to buy one...because there will be so many worked VQ35DE+TT installed in these cars in the years to come.

Am I hinting something...read above underlined words!

Wooo Exciting future ahead for the GTR, if renault designers have anything to do with it... I think the inspiration is based on the current model Megane, I mean C'mon who in there right mind could have signed off on this ass end of the car??? :confused: This could be the future GTR "BOOTY" ... now that should be fun!

meg-rs-2-800.jpg

I remember talking to some French dood at the Melbourne Motor show some years ago, when the Megane first arrived. I initially asked about placing an order on the Clio V6, which he said would never come into AU. He then tried to on sell me the Megane, which I replied "you have to be kidding, are Renault actually going to release a car that looks like that??" ... Before I could finish what I was saying, he walked off on me!

rezz, why you so sarcastic?

i was merely asking whether it was from a mag or from nissan.

If it were from Nissan, then it'd be an official press release and everyone would know about it (bear in mind Japanese Nissan employees seem to know about as much as the car mags in Japan do...). If you mean 'is it from a Nissan emplyee' or something, well no it's not, I thought that'd be obvious as I always type out clearly which magazine I've translated all this info from.

I don't mean to come across sarcastic, but if you read my posts everything should be pretty clear.

3gtrpic1.jpg

This... my fellow SAU brethren... is one of the submissions from a joint Nissan Japan/Europe/US design team that is going into the draw for an "in-house" GT-R design competition... :spcow:  

3gtrpic2.jpg

Just a little bit cloooooserrrrrrrr... :spcow: :spcow:  

Just when you thought they couldn't F$%# up the GT-R design anymore... I give you:

THE REAR END!!! ;)  

3gtrpic3.jpg

:spcow: :spcow: :spcow:  

3gtr_specs.jpg

/Rezz

This car is definately not what I would have had in mind for the the next skyline but I suppose there is not much a bunch of keyboard warriors from australia can do to change things I guess :rofl:

Does anyone else think that the front of the car is too busy? I think if they are going to badge the front of the car its one or the other not both badges it looks weird imho. I would prefer a gtr badge but obviously being a global car they would probably opt for the nissan badge on the front. If this is the case I hope they put a gtr badge on the side in a similar location to where the gt badge is on current skylines. Also that bonnet scoop vent thingy needs to be colour coded or something it looks out of place imho.

Other than the weird attempt at stove top lights on the back it looks a little z33 to me (i.e it has a fat ass). I notice there is no rear wing as has been mentioned before does nissan intend to go high tech and use a wing that pops out under different conditions similar to the chrysler :throwup: crossfire?

I think that the rear end wont change majorly before the final release as they are obvioulsy trying to make big butts a signature of high performance nissans j/k :rofl: but they need to improve the look of the lights and make the back look less sterile and boring.

So Rezz whats the word on the street in Japan do they love it or do they hate it?

Sorry For the Long Post.

;)

Glenn

Well what can I say.. the front is too busy, the rear has no big stinkin' GTR badge, the rear tail lights need to be improved and the car needs to look less like a 350z/audi TT on roids.

Rezz:, I read in the November edition of Wheels that Nissan & other car manufacturers in Japan have lobbied to have the 'gentlemens agreement' power restriction removed.

Their argument was that it makes them less competitive against other car manufacturers on a global market. (Mainly against porsche etc I would imagine)

This is probably another good indication that the GTR is soon to come, and that it will be sold globally..

And as the others asked, what are japanese GTR enthusiasts saying about it?

ps. I noticed that underneath the front headlights there are air vents/scoops.. surely they wont release the car like that?

Rezz:, I read in the November edition of Wheels that Nissan & other car manufacturers in Japan have lobbied to have the 'gentlemens agreement' power restriction removed.
They're still writing articles about that? Wow... I remember Japanese mags making a fuss about it over 3 years ago... I thought it was common knowledge?
And as the others asked, what are japanese GTR enthusiasts saying about it?
All the Japanese guys and girls I've spoken to don't like what has been printed in mags *or* the 2001 Concept (styling wise), very impressed with the engine/driveline though. In fact they just can't get over Nissan in general, let alone the next GT-R. What I mean by that is Nissans complete line up is "soft" in their eyes. Nothing in the Nissan range really gets them excited nowadays... although things like quality and competing with Europe in the marketplace gets the thumbs up by most Japanese... Nissans world prescence has improved alot according to them.

Btw guys, I did say that those pics of the next GT-R are a design submission, definately not the final design... but as Evo_Lee says, pretty much what we should expect.

At least it has round tail-lights....sort of.

Do you know if they're still considering the atmo V8 for the yank market? Last concept info I read was a TT V6 for everyone except the USA.

Now thats one thing I haven't heard A THING about... I'm starting to think whether that rumour was just a Nissan USA 'wish list' type proposal... a proposal that flies in the face of any GT-R tradition, also in typical "we don't give a crap about foreign stuff" Yank fashion.

Honestly, everytime I bring up foreign market GT-R stuff with Japanese friends and coworkers, they just go all blank... theres been no mention of a V8 here in Japan, and there probably won't be.

I just can't see Nissan tipping added dollars into R+D for a "GT-R spec" (read: proven on the cicuit) V8 for a single market... even if it is the US of A.

If the V35 (or V36 for that matter) Skyline was able to be enginneered to accept a V8 then they would. But that would just be stupid, as the Cima/President already have V8s in them, an Infiniti in the US will offer the M45 (Fuga) there with a V8, the M45 being just 1 step up from the G35 (Skyline) in size.

But just by looking at the info that we have, there has been no V8 R+D up until now... therefore there won't be V8 in a GT-R... let alone a Skyline! (small shot at Speed mag ;))