SAU Community

Short Shift R33 R32 Silvia 180sx

rmahnovetsky

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i installed mine last night, very impressed with the shift now. Its short and clicky but still smooth.

Has anyone else installed theres? If so did u use the plastic spacer that sits ontop of the ball on the standard gear leaver?

I ended up spliting it with a chisel (it won't fit over the ball or base of the shifter) and using it on the new one cause otherwise there was nothing to hold it down, u could lift it straight out.

i installed mine last night, very impressed with the shift now.  Its short and clicky but still smooth.

Has anyone else installed theres?  If so did u use the plastic spacer that sits ontop of the ball on the standard gear leaver?

I ended up spliting it with a chisel (it won't fit over the ball or base of the shifter) and using it on the new one cause otherwise there was nothing to hold it down, u could lift it straight out.

yes you are suppose to split the plastic spacer. It is in the instructions which was mailed out. Well you actually suppose to split it with a little hobby knife.

I hope you put the little plastic bit on that was on the bottom of the original shifter.

yes you are suppose to split the plastic spacer. It is in the instructions which was mailed out. Well you actually suppose to split it with a little hobby knife.  

I hope you put the little plastic bit on that was on the bottom of the original shifter.

Yeah the chisel works well too :( I put that plastic boot on too, works well, i've given it a good work out and its actually improved my shifts cause my clutch engages right at the bottom of the peddle.