SAU Community

Whiteline Camber Kit Squeaks

ADM

Hi Guys,

I’ve recently placed the Whiteline adjustable camber kit in the upper control arms of my R32 GTR. The unit seems to be of a high quality and after using the supplied lubricant I had no issues for about two weeks.

It then started to squeak and so I spoke to Whiteline who advised the correct product to use on the supplied grease nipples was Catrol LM grease.

I can only achieve 2-3 days of silent use out of the unit before it starts to squeak.

I’ve now regreased three times. I’ve loosened the bolts off so the grease can penetrate the bushes but that didn’t help.

Has anyone found a long term fix to stop the little buggers from squealing?

Cheers

ADM

front or rear?

who installed them?

can you see if they are leaking anywhere?

get a heap of that gease take the arms off again, put a heap of it through where the bolts go and make sure the bolt has a layer of grease on it too. and try again.

I installed them Mr GTS4 and I greased them up good and proper, dagnamit.

The fronts are the squealers I’m using rose jointing in the rear.

I know that I will probably have to take it apart, these units have grease nipples on them and so I’m a bit annoyed that their functionality doesn’t work to the degree where it stops the squeak. I bought them for that reason (instead of the UAS bearing based units). Seems like it might be a design flaw, not good enough when spending the money with a trusted manufacturer.

Any one used the UAS bearing up control arms on the R32?

ADM

yeah same thing happened with mine. although i don't know what brand they were because i got them with the car.. start squealing and used the nipple things ( :D ) didn't work. pulled them apart, cleaned them with contact cleaner or something. let them dry them cake them in that special white grease stuff. seemed to work until the bushs were just about to fall out haha.

Hi ADM, I have a Stagea and an R32 GTST with Whiteline bushes (caster, camber and stabiliser bar) both front and rear, that's over 30 bushes and none of them squeek. Is it one side or both? The inner or the outer bush? What alignment settings do you have one it?:D

I use the Whiteline supplied grease, which these days is a white lightweight. The only times I have ever had continual squeeks is when there is metal to metal. I find where that is and eliminate it. Polyurethane to metal sometimes squeeks but that is easy to fix, I just rough up the surface of the polyurethane with a bit of course emery, a bastard file or even a few light knife crosses to hold the lubricant.

The easy way to find th exact source is to jack it up, disconnect the shocks/spring (at the upright usually) and stabiliser bar. Then move the upright up and down. You can quickly find the source with your head stuffed up under the guard. On Skylines with more than standard caster, is it usually the outer upper joint that squeeks. This is because the poly bush distorts and exposes the metal crush tube to the metal upright or upper control arm. The solution is to lightly file the crush tube to allow for the extra caster. No more metal to metal contact and no more squeek.

Sounds complicated, but it isn't really:cheers:

Nice one, I haven’t checked for that and I am running a "little" bit more castor.

I suppose the grease that I’m pumping into the nipples could be lubricating the metal to metal contact for a short period of time...

Thanks for the lead SK :P

ADM