SAU Community

Top RB20 Club... do you have over 260rwkw?

S5 RX7 injectors are piss easy to get your hands on.

They are nippon denso / sard.

Expect to pay around $600+ for a new set.

I am going to try these in my RB20 (although I hear the spray pattern is a bit average) but none the less Ill give it a go.

240rwkw on standard injectors sounds awfully high, 200rwkw - 220rwkw they would easily be at 100%. What state was that dyno in? WA? :)

S5 RX7 injectors are piss easy to get your hands on.

They are nippon denso / sard.

Expect to pay around $600+ for a new set.

I am going to try these in my RB20 (although I hear the spray pattern is a bit average) but none the less Ill give it a go.

why buy rx7 ones for $600 when you can get Nismo 555cc for RB20 (no resistor required) for $780

6x Nismo 555cc injectors - pink - R32 GTST, R32 GTR, R33 GTR, R34 GTR - $780 delivered

http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/in...howtopic=178105

imo its the best option :)

I agree with Wheezy ,I ran rx7 injectors for a while couldn't be tuned to idle unless it was on higher rpm kept stalling on me, pain in the butt, ended up putting in 550cc but another good option is the gtr injectors .I'm also pretty sure Roy has a post in dyi section on how to fit resistors

why buy rx7 ones for $600 when you can get Nismo 555cc for RB20 (no resistor required) for $780

6x Nismo 555cc injectors - pink - R32 GTST, R32 GTR, R33 GTR, R34 GTR - $780 delivered

http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/in...howtopic=178105

imo its the best option :)

I paid $400 for my injectors so at half the price they are worth a shot :)

• 1 month later...

Did a track day at Calder today...and it appears my car is falling apart...around the engine which is still running great. :(

Started the day out running 1-1.1bar in the first session... had a coolant problem where it was spraying up on my windscreen yet my engine temps didnt go above 92. Chequered flag so i back off, as soon as i back off the coolant temps climbed as the seconds passed so i hated doing it but shut it down and rolled. Turns out the top coolant hose had almost blown completely off and i lost about 4L of coolant...so what i thought was ok temps was probably the temp sensor being dry and when i backed off what coolant was left in the system pooled at the bottom of the radiator..hence the skyrocketing temp.

So new hose clamp, bled the coolant, checked engine oil level. All seemed ok after a quick drive, so went out with boost wound up to 1.5-1.6bar only to crack a rear rotor, though i didnt know at the time...just that i was locking rear brakes easily. :) So, buggered if i was going to be bullied like this...went back out again thinking i needed to be a little more dilligent with my braking...only to have big problems locking rear brakes, but engine ran strong.

Finish session, inspect rotor and noticed a crack propogating to the point where i would only get another few laps. So went back out there again with 1.6bar (1.5 in the lower 3rd gears, creeps to 1.6 in 4th and 5th) and gave it another red hot go until a bit of steel that i ran over punctured my fuel tank...whether i hit it before or after i went off (I think i ran over it whenin went flying accross some grass)...i dont know it all went pear shape on a quick flip flop...all i know it was messy :P

So, another day with the boost wound up, used an 8,100rpm rev limit...not a drop of blow bye, and didnt miss a beat. If only the rest of the car was running as well as the engine.

Damn Troy...thats a bitch...i hate it when little things like that ruin what would be a great day...what did you do to fix the tank?

On a different note...the bilsteins i bought off ya are great...went down to DECA 2 weeks ago and they performed faultlessly...engine ran great too...then i found a coolant leak...and then the ignitor started playing up...oh well...its the price we pay for driving an older car...

Good luck with sorting out your car hassles...

I threw some tape over the hole t ojust get me home. Now to find another fuel tank, new cradle bushes, new rotors and new tyres. Expensive shop before being able to get backl to the track. What cracks me up is how fast the car woudl be if i could get the suspension and brakes sorted. The engine (touch wood) is going gang busters. I was joking what a sad death it would have been for the engine if i had cooked it with the low coolant level ... but all appears to be ok...though will be keeping an eye on the oil colour and cold start cranking.

But it was a good reminder of whilst i only get a handful more kms from the extrta boost and another few kms down the straights, the massive increase in mid range torque really livens the old girl up. If only i had a better head gasket and forged pistons then i woudl run this sort of boost for the rest of time :wave: It pulls so much stronger then it does at 1.1bar, it feels like a different car all together :(

hey guys

i have some QUESTIONS!

i've been reading a lot about the gt3076r, but i'm after some sort of insight on what i can get out of my RB24DET. it have all supporting mods.

i'm looking for a turbo to make a solid 280-290rwkw and the GT3076r IW seems like the option. I'm interested to find out what specifications i need to obtain this power with as much reponse as possible - i think the .6 front comp cover, 56trim, .63exhaust housing ( IW ) is the option

will this achieve the results i'm after?

am i correct that i have to buy this in 2 seperate parts (as in to get this setup i need to buy the exhaust housing seperately)?

also i have a HKS adjustable actuator still - can i use this? or do i need the garret 1 bar actuator to suit the garret turbo's?

thanks

-Matt

• 3 weeks later...

update on mine :nyaanyaa:

since i blew the 20 box some 3 months ago i pushed the car to the side and did things slowly, its now up and running again with the 25 box and 1 peice shaft.

took it down for a run on moday night at the motorplex, it ran 12.077 @119.5mph!! only bummer was the 2.0 60ftr

the street E/T tyres are a hard tyre to get used too, i either bogged down or wheel spun. as the track isnt preped for the off street meets i was wheelspining all the way through first gear which on a prepd track it'll spin but grip up almost instantly.

the motor is still tottaly unopened and today i put it back on the dyno just to see where its at, it pulled a very respectable 390.5 hp @25psi

Koree any updates on the old girl?

Here is where I am up to in the hunt....I ditched the GT3082R and went a TD06-20G Kit....With cam gears and 1.2bar Im going to hunt 260ish and see where I can go from there......(I am also using an Emanage Ultimate instead of remap as originally planned)

Test2.jpg

awesome work adam, that's an awesome mph

i have an rb20 sitting here and an aussie shitter 31

if i wasn't in such a hurry to get the passage finished i'd be doing that conversion already

(and buying your turbo kit haha)

ahh well i'll get around to it one day

what inlet plenum is that Wheezy?

looks the goods mate :laugh:

One of those KU Engineering ones.....

Its not trust, but the next best thing from what Ive seen.

Its build quality is exceptional. The only things I can pick on are the need to cut and weld the water pipe that bolts onto the plenum and the need for a longer throttle cable.