SAU Community

Top RB20 Club... do you have over 260rwkw?

Just road tuned an rb20det with a kinugawa td06-20g 8cm iwg today.

Typical struggle with boost control, but severe porting and flowing of the wastegate seemed to get that under control.

Hits the rollers in a month, should be interesting, i can do a comparison with hellaflush7's result!

10537363_10203468636890315_4752197572718

Stock unopened RB20DET out of an R32.

Kando TD06-20G 8CM

NZ Performance Himount manifold

Turbosmart 45mm Gate

Bosch ID1000 inj

United 107 Raceblend

Profec B Spec II

302kw @ 25PSI

Could have kept going but Cyl 5 is looking a little tired on the comp test... have backed boost off to 18PSI and she is making 273kw now

Awesome result! When is 18psi reached? Is it just a TD06-20G or a TD06SL2 20G?

Just road tuned an rb20det with a kinugawa td06-20g 8cm iwg today.

Typical struggle with boost control, but severe porting and flowing of the wastegate seemed to get that under control.

Hits the rollers in a month, should be interesting, i can do a comparison with hellaflush7's result!

Same question for you :) Is it an SL2 20G or actually a straight TD06-20G? Looking forward to results!

LOL, another example where the TD06 seems to do a perfectly good job. I dont understand all the fuss over the L2. Hell its smaller than a TD06 and is no more responsive and just ends up with less torque to spin the 20G compressor. TD06 all the way :) Gutless SR20 owners can stick with their L2s :)

Yeah Roy, there definitely seems to be a pattern here. I know FP never used the L2 - they only use the TD06 or TD06H and between that and some of your results I've definitely been taking a bit of notice, the jury isn't out with me yet but I definitely am pondering on it

• 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Probably in another thread, but I couldn't find anything. So feel free to redirect me there.

Which ID1000's are people using on their RB20? (Part number, original intended applicate etc)

I've currently got RX7 555cc Injectors running on an RB26 PFC with resistors inline rather than the GTR resistor pack.

I'm guessing besides the spacers? for the (14mm) injectors and new plugs for the loom I'll need to remove the resistors in the loom since RB26 ID1000's seem the go?

• 2 weeks later...

Probably in another thread, but I couldn't find anything. So feel free to redirect me there.

Which ID1000's are people using on their RB20? (Part number, original intended applicate etc)

I've currently got RX7 555cc Injectors running on an RB26 PFC with resistors inline rather than the GTR resistor pack.

I'm guessing besides the spacers? for the (14mm) injectors and new plugs for the loom I'll need to remove the resistors in the loom since RB26 ID1000's seem the go?

I run the GTR resistor pack am running ID1000 GTR injectors. They came as a kit with plugs etc. Seem to think they were 1000.13.04.60.14.6

Just soldered the new plugs onto the loom and kept everything else as per the old Nismo RB26 injectors, R32 AP Eng Power FC and GTR ballast pack

• 2 months later...

This is a originally internally gated PU high flowed Rb25det turbo that ended up bolt to a RB20det for a bit fun. It made a not so responsive 283rwkws @ 20psi on E85 fuel. Owner still had fun, here's a short video been sent in:

• 5 months later...

I run the GTR resistor pack am running ID1000 GTR injectors. They came as a kit with plugs etc. Seem to think they were 1000.13.04.60.14.6

Just soldered the new plugs onto the loom and kept everything else as per the old Nismo RB26 injectors, R32 AP Eng Power FC and GTR ballast pack

Ended up with these bad boys.

http://www.raceworks.com.au/fuel/injectors/bosch-1150cc-4-bar-3-4-length-injector/

Just need to fit the plugs to suit since I had denso injectors.

Anyone know the latency settings for Power FC? (RB26 PFC D-Jetro if that helps)

I have the same turbo. And i was actually very curious about the power this turbo was capable of. The car is going to be ready to tune this weekend. I'm getting it Dyno tuned on adaptronic with a boost solenoid and no more maf sensor. :D I'll let you guys know how it goes.

R32 gtst

Rb20det

Godspeed forward facing plenum

550cc injectors

Tomei outlet pipe

Kakimoto turbo back

Stock internals

Kinugawa td06 20g 8cm iwg

Stock manifold

Adaptronic ECU

Walbro 255 fp

Fmic

Edited by HanBear

• 1 year later...

So after having a long read I have good hopes for my build.

Plans are:

FFP

1000cc injectors

E85

Pro spec 2 ebc

Tomei fpr

Walbro 460

6 boost mid mount

Kinagawa TD06H -20G 8cm rear housing

40mm turbosmart wastegate.

Stainless exhaust straight pipe

Stainless IC piping.

Nistune ecu

Will be interesting to see if I can crack the 300kw mark, especially considering I want to run 22psi high boost and 17psi low boost.

I know the longer runners on the standard manifold work great for a street car with torque lower down being better, But I was hoping for slightly better response from shorter ic piping and lower temps as it is a track only car.

and it makes everything so much easier to work on.

I assume the TD06H is a no go due to response?