SAU Community

Radars and Cameras...:(

Guest heavyside

Guest heavyside

hmnn.....cops...

do you reckon if you spot a radar or camera on the side of the road and a rock slips out of your hand and happens to connect with the offending equipment or personell, that they can do anything?

just wondering...

Guest GR33DyMANGO

hell yer... i read an article prolly 2 years ago about this lady that freaked out when she saw a speed camera... spun out and hit the camera and was made to pay something like $20,000 to replace the camera.

There's a speed camera on the Entrance Rd on the Central Coast just past The Bay Village shopping centre that has a surveillance camera looking at it. When I first saw it I laughed so hard!!!!! My mates from the coast tell me that it was put there because people continually blew up the speed camera!!!! :)

Apparently 1 day a dude suffered 3rd degree burns when he doused it in petrol, lit it, and the damn thing blew up on him!!! LOL

p.s. is that the one ur talking bout Morgs????

Guest heavyside

yeah,

its just messed up, the thing is that the road toll is still the same and yet the revenue created by these camera's has gone up by some ridiculous amount. more people are getting done, but the same amount of people are still dying.

speed doesnt kill, shit driving kills. if everyone learnt to drive properly (myself included) then we would have far less accidents! proper driver education and training is whats needed. like learning how to take control of a skidding car, driving in the wet etc. so many people have no idea how easy it is to get the car aquaplaneing in the wet!!

instead of slowing the speed limits, how about making a 5 lane superhighway where you can just go nuts? like in germany where they have the safer roads than here even though they whizz around at 200ks!

admittedly, we dont have anywhere near the advanced engineering in our cars over here, so the cars themselfs arnt that safe to drive at that speed, but if you want a fast car, then buy one, and dont try and get the old commo to do 160 safely coz it wont happen.

learn your own limits and your cars limits.

thanks guys.

oh, and keep smashin those camera's..

He he he, in Canberra, a few young blokes managed to distract and pinch one of the plates off of the speed camera van.

Then they fixed it too their car and ran through the same speed camera spot 17 times going over the limit.

The RTA/cops where very embarrased when the computer system sent out 17 fines through the mail for one of there own speed camera vans.

Not that is funny.....

Don’t know about other states but the speed cameras in vic r privatised so they aint cops in the cars, so they cant do shit 2 u, only use their cb’s to call the cops.

Guest GR33DyMANGO
Originally posted by Jay95R33

He he he, in Canberra, a few young blokes managed to distract and pinch one of the plates off of the speed camera van.

Then they fixed it too their car and ran through the same speed camera spot 17 times going over the limit.

The RTA/cops where very embarrased when the computer system sent out 17 fines through the mail for one of there own speed camera vans.

Not that is funny.....

HAHhaaa... thats FCUKIN' CLASSIC!!!!!!!!

:eek: We all know crime doesn't pay, but jeez............... hahahahahahahahaha.................. good one............. yes, it's f***en revenue, and not a accident prevention! There are too many on the road that can't drive properly! The Government are making heaps of money, yet at the same time, half of population are getting worst off!

Graham

Well I agree that lowering speed limits isn't going to stop people dying, however I do think that people going and doing outrageous things like that is what brings the law down on us worse. Eg everyone branded with the same label "hoons" or "violent car thugs".

The government in Australia is very knee jerk with its responses to problems. Think about major problems in Australia, Port Arthur massacre and others, rather than researching the best way to prevent it, they mass banned guns. Same thing will happen with everything else. Larger road toll, more radars, lower speed limits etc. It sucks, but when you're trying to stay in power, the general public want something done.

I just wish that all the money that we pay for fines rego etc would actually go towards better roads and a more complete driver training.

Guest heavyside

yeah, thats the way with everything the Gov. does.

does something drastic AFTER shyt happens.

the gun banning thing is shyt! if sumone wants a gun, they are going to get it no matter what. the gov. cant stop em, and the black market is gonna grow huge. what if someone come into a place like pt. Arthur and goes nuts again? no one is gonna be able to stop him, coz no one is allowed to have a gun.

if the manager, or bartender had a gun though, then he will be able to do wumthing about it.

75% of the people killed at P.A were shot OUTSIDE the resturant. so imagine if the bartender had a gun, he would have been ALLOWED to save those lives.

fark the Gov and all its shyt policies.

and far out. to those the gov. calles "hoons" you are just making it worse for the rest of us. esp bloody P platers who drive their Daddy's cars and think they own the bloody road. just piss off.

give us a break!

Originally posted by deesh

check the ADR rules fpr cars, i think theres some tolerance specified for speedos, like 5 or 10% or something, if they get you for less than that, then you can get off.

thats what makes the 3-4 km/h speedo tolerance even more crap because speedos have a tolerance greater than that on most cars in Australia!

Bracks u aint gettin my vote in 2 weeks buddy!:(

Correct me if I am wrong

1/In Canada they have stopped using speed cameras because they sayd that it does nothing to the road toll

2/ A survey was done between two countries. In America they lowered speed limit and they used speed cameras and in a European contry they increased the speed limit and removed cameras. Now over a 10 yr period America had a far higher death rate on the road than the European country. They proved it does not lower the road toll.

Finally I am for speed cameras, but in the correct areas where they where meant to be used. In BLACK SPOT areas where that stretch of road has a high fatality or accident rate. I DO NOT AGAINST they where they are just on a normal stretch of road where there is no chance of being meeting an accident and you are minding your own business. They say the Brisbane to Gold Coast motorway is considered one of the best roads in the world. Now roads in europe with far less quality have higher speed limits. Now why don't they increase the speed to be on par of international standards.

Speed cameras are just a money making for the governament !!