SAU Community

HICAS removal bar fitting for R33

GTRgeoff

or you can remove the ps pump, and undo the 4 bolts on the back of it.

then you can remove the little vane pump thing, (it slides out) and close it all up again.

then just block the outlet hose on the pump.

That way, it wont continually pump oil around for no reason.

steve

Ben, as always I prefer email as it is easier to track orders than PM.

I intend to open a website soon with all of the orders starting to come in, and use PayPal, which reminds, I must make another donation to Christian.

PHATR32, I am talking about the power steering fluid cooler that runs from the HICAS control solenoid (near the oil filter). What do you think the impact on the fluid temperature will be once this is removed (keeping in mind that fluid will now not need to be pumped to the rear of the car) and what will be the impact on the system pressure now that all of the fluid is being pumped through the power steer - what happens when that valve shuts - will there be an increase in the pressure of the lines?

I have no idea what would happen if that part of the system is removed - I am a little aprehensive - but would LOVE to see it gone!

What makes you think that on a 32/silvia platform that anything other than plugging the hydraulics or a connector pipe is required? Sure removing the rest is nice, but not necessary. It is just a basic hydraulic system.

For 33 and 34 the system is electric so no pumps, or perhaps you haven't had the opportunity to work on these yet.

I have no problem with a mechanic with a new workshop trying to make a buck...hell I spent a lot of years working as a mechanic myself before getting an engineering degree, but I suggest you specify the service you are offering such as the exact work on the car, whether you will provide an alignment and whether any other parts have to be payed for.

BTW good luck with the workshop.

mate if you can fit them for $50 more fool you, as your time must be cheap because they are not fitted as quick and easy as u say , this is not a new work shop i have worked on a r34 gtr as i own one and i also have a r32gtr so sorry i dont need the extra money u talk about just thought i would give the guys a hand any way good luck trying to sell them

p.s sold my r33 gtr at the end of last year

So this item here you suggest takes 2 hours to remove and replace and conduct a rear toe adjustment (see pic)? I'll allow the forum members to determine for themselves the truth of that. As to my value, I'd suggest it is way beyond your comprehension, but I still only swing spanners for personal enjoyment and to help out mates.

This is a DIY thread where info is offered for members to do it themselves so they only then need the rear toe adjustment. Sure I sell the items, for which I have selected suitable materiel and welding methods to ensure they remain stronger than the factory component, but members are free to buy wherever they want to and these are available from a number of sources. I just offer them at a price to recover my costs and make a little as well, as they are a very basic component.

There is no need to introduce negative comments or attempt to impress us with the cars you own. A quick search of the forum revealed your history on here, including your new workshop thread here so I'd suggest it is still a new workshop and I still offer you my regards on making it successful. Just quietly, helpful comment will bring more customers to your door than just being negative without supporting evidence.

As far as this thread goes I recommend you either help with appropriate comment or refrain from attempting to directly insult me and my intelligence or indirectly insult the forum members by trying to offer a service that they may not want or need. If you feel there is error in the method then by all means take your pictures and post the detail, for the benefit of the members. In future if you are offering services then post in the appropriate section of the forum.

Hey guys - you are f**king up an otherwise good thread. Should you like to bicker about who knows what you might like to do it off line. This IS a DIY thread and I would suggest that most people visiting here are only interested in finding out how to replace the HICAS bar.

• Thanks 1