SAU Community

HICAS removal bar fitting for R33

GTRgeoff

Ok so I bought a lock bar with the arms attached and tried this today but the arm is rusted onto the tie rod end (i think that's what it is?), as I can see it's not threaded, so the only thing that's stopping it from coming off is really bad rust? I sprayed a shitload of wd40 and it still wouldn't budge, tried smacking it with a mallet, pulling, twisting and nothing will work. See pics:

20130927_132215.jpg

And as far as I can see there's nothing behind it that's stopping it from coming off.

20130927_132228.jpg

I'm gonna let the wd40 soak overnight and try tomorrow, if it still won't work, it's going to a workshop.

Edited by macaroni646

You don't have to take that end of the tie rod off. Just undo it from the inner connections. Back the lock nut right off on the adjuster and that should give you enough thread to undo the knuckle off the rack without touching the other end.

Hey guys,

In regards to the powersteering lines that run to the rear of the car what was the most common fix with this??

I am planning on removing the lines all the way to the front as the loop I have put on the end keeps popping off.

Just wondering how difficult the removal is??

Cheers

Matthew

• 3 months later...