SAU Community

HICAS removal bar fitting for R33

GTRgeoff

• 1 month later...

by the sounds of it the torque setting = F**king TIGHT!!! =P shouldnt be a prob for me tho with m air tools and rattle gun! ^-^ my lock bar should arrive this week so i'll let u guys know how i go.... thanks for all the info was pretty unsure before i read all 10 pages :laugh: i have to take off my front bar for me to do a wheel alignment :rofl: *sighs*

- Ross.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Has anyone fitted one of these (or similar) to the R34GTT and removed the entire HICAS unit? What lights come up and what is affected?

Remedies / Fixes?

• 2 months later...
Has anyone fitted one of these (or similar) to the R34GTT and removed the entire HICAS unit? What lights come up and what is affected?

Remedies / Fixes?

Also interested in getting rid of this in my 34

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I fitted the bar onto my R33 just last night and what a pain in the ass it turned out to be.

The instructions are all correct and they're simply, but my bolts etc. were on SO FREAKING TIGHT!!

Definitely recommended that you crack the seals on the 4 sided bolts BEFORE letting the unit hang.

I also needed to disconnect a bit of my exhaust as it was in the way of one side.

If I was able to undo the bolts easily it would have taken 30mins at most, but instead it took about 2.5 hours, most of which spent just trying to get good leverage on the bolts. Would have been nice and easy with a torque wrench or something.

Will be getting a full wheel alignment today, even though it seems to be driving pretty straight at the moment.

Now all I need to do is disconnect the HICAS globe and everything will be perfect.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Just did this today, guide is great and very simply explains everything that needs to be done

coincidently it makes filling diff oil a crapload easier when the Hicas is off but before fitting the bar.