SAU Community

New laws 4 EPA

GuestyR33

Hey

I dont doubt that most of you have all had a run in with EPA at some point in you driving experience. But guess what, now they have been giving greater limits to there punishment abilities. Usually if ya get caught with an excessively noisey exhaust they just make you change it. Now they can come down on you hard. 1st offence is a warning, 2nd offence is a $500 fine, 3rd offence is a $2500 fine, and one more time after that and you loose you licence for a month i think and they cancel your registration meaning you cant sell or let someone else drive the vehicle. Doh. Better keep a look out hey. lol.

Guesty

Id argue that.

A nice copper who is a little bit proud of himself can report your car, yet you can get a test and you pass, its dubbed as an offence yet you pass? So therefore its a load of sh|t.

And this does happen a lot. As an nice zealous officer isnt exactly a fine tuned DB recording machine.

A friend of mine is making enquires into this whole EPA thing at present.

For those who didn't happen to see this in the other post, i'm putting it in here as well.

It will give everyone something to read/think about/ponder over while we're waiting for some more info.

262EPAstuff.jpg

thats really harsh....

has anyone seen the "vic roads COP car" i saw some guy being pulled over on the Eastern Fwy a few days ago by a cop car that had vic roads shit written all over it with flashing lights and siren.... i am getting a little worried!!!

Hey Guys

The only reason i posted this was cause my mate has an r31, and he recieved a $500 fine in the mail, which came with this letter that stated the whole rubbish i wrote at the top. Dont know how legitimate it is, but he was going down there to give them a piece of his mind. Aint heard from him yet. Dunno. Seems dodgy to me.

Hey Guys

The only reason i posted this was cause my mate has an r31, and he recieved a $500 fine in the mail, which came with this letter that stated the whole rubbish i wrote at the top. Dont know how legitimate it is, but he was going down there to give them a piece of his mind. Aint heard from him yet. Dunno. Seems dodgy to me.

Those VIC-Roads "policing cars" prodiminantly pull over trucks for road worthy and log book checks

I've never seen these pull over a "civilian" car

They usually sit at the entrance or routes to and from major industrial areas

I got a "first offence" warning letter in the mail the other day for excessive noise, it stated that if futher reports are received then I will be tested.

Id say this is the new powers in effect?

unfortunately its gotten to the point where the cops are just busting everyone so hard that if you are driving your skyline around and it does have a loud exhaust note you will definately get pulled over sooner or later...unless you leave it in the garage for your own personal pleasure! The crap thing is you dont even need to get pulled over, some TOG can just see your car drive past, grab your plate and dob you into EPA.

I used to have a straight pipe exhaust with hollow hi flow cat and no resonator on my r33 gts-t, and it was stupidly loud and used to shoot cool blue flames. But it attracts the cops like flies to dog sh*t! in a year of owning the car, i copped 7 canaries and 3 epa's. A big waste of money and not worth it. These days you just cant get away with it. You are better off getting an aftermarket exhaust that is legal or one that you can put a baffle plate in - My mate has an apexi N1 exhaust for his r33 gts-t and it came with a baffle plate. It will save you a lot of hassle and more importantly a lot of cash which i'm sure can be put to better use than straight into the governments back pocket!!!

Im going to stop reading these threads, that uspet me too much:(

So if you want a reasonable preforming car, have to borrow $150,000 for a 2nd hand Lotus, Turbo Prosche etc etc:(

Serious answer, why are Vic authorities so against the whole automotive scene. We use fuel which is taxed. We use mechanics/shops means we support local employment, we use locally sourced parts meaning we as a group play our part in supporting local manufacturing. Some (not enough) enjoy ous cars by supporting local motorsport facilities that cannot survice on the back of a V8 or GTP round per year.

So being a bit sensitive, why are we public enemy no 4 or 5, behind the vile of the earth, but ahead of sh1t bags that do drug craved inspired break and enters etc etc:(

I appreciate there has to be guidelines, and authorities need to control the quality of cars on our roads, and police have a duty to enforce these rules, but i do think they are a bit over the top. When is an exhaust too loud, when they are gassing it off the lights reving the engine out, and in a Skyline they will most liekly be speeding, so get them for speeding, not simply because they happen to have a 3" exhaust.

I dont know...cars are a mode of transport to some, and a hobby to other. The hobby thing means you should get enjoyment out of it...not cause you stress, so perhaps its time to sell up and get a Euro car:(

Hrmm i thought TMU/TOG were two different units?!? i've recieved recent fines and on the bottom where the cop puts his stamp it states 'officer etc etc, T.O.G. Perhaps its an old stamp!

er.... TOG is very 1980's of you.

Traffic police are now TMU.  :)

(traffic management unit)