SAU Community

Big Acco On Old Pac Hwy (now)!!!

DJ984

Hey guys,

what's with the acco on old pac hwy?

My mate says it looks like an "S15" club... from what he was saying, sounds like they where driving stupidly on a cruise, one of them lost it, wiped out 2 bikes, 1 rider dead, the other taken to hospital with possible the same fate :(

He was saying the police have blocked all cars/drivers/passengers etc on the cruise in with police tape... and are going to try and fine them ALL!

What's with the stupidity? (no offense to anyone but there's really no other way to put it...)

Any one have any more details on this?

Dave.

Yeah, i agree totally... we where just starting to see the bright side of the tunnel with the recent performance car drivers thing and now this will send us right back to the start! (Do not pass go, do not collect $200 :()

i think everyone is ok otherwise though, not sure...

Was driving to work @ approx 3pm and saw 3 S15's on Pacific Hwy in Chatswood, one with some bad body damage to the rear driver quarter, didnt get a good look at the other two. Could be from the same group??!!

Well, we saw the aftermath of the accident on the way to the SAU Christmas lunch.

A group of us were putting along the old pacific on our way to lunch when we rounded a corner and saw the road taped off.

Police turned us around, there were around 6 modified S15's inside the taped off area, one of them was VILAIN, and a motorbike on its side with no rider to be seen.

Looked like there was a rescue team on on the scene also.

We were turned around, and made our way back to the freeway and continued to lunch at Gosford - hope everyone was ok

Edit: Just read of the apparent death of one of the bikers, god help the drivers involved and I hope they get reamed to the fullest extent of the law if they indeed were driving like dickheads.

Guest Mashrock

****ed ****s.

that road is well known for bike cruses.

the ammount of times i have been on there with people wanting to race me is crazy. so many times there have been bikers just around the corners.

wow, that is really terrible, im a rider as well and that is what i fear evertime i hop on the bike.

im sorry for the riders and their family, my thoughts are with them

on the p-plate issue, mabey rezz can fill me in, what is the road toll in japan like ?

i mean with the popularity of touge and other hardcore shinnaigans im wondering if they have a similar accident profile ?

i really have no idea it would be interesting to hear, or mabey in general they are more respectful road users, especially on busy sections of road.

im just guessing though.

I feel for the driver of the car as well though, they now have to live the rest of their life knowing they are responsible for taking anothers, not an easy task - probly jail time too, although they deserve the punishment, it all comes from a stupid decison that they are stuck with forever. not an easy thing to deal with.

Stupid, stupid, stupid!!!

I was always thinking that it is a bit harsh to ban P platers from high powered cars as there are some good drivers out there who respect their cars... sorry to say, my opinion has changed... I am now all for banning them, sorry if this effects some of the people on this forum. But enough is enough...

RIP and may the driver of the car be hit with the full extent of the law.

bugger :P poor guys, and that S15 driver... argh...

All of this stuff, at a time when I'm just about ready to import... (I'm 18 and a Green P Plater)...

I don't know if it's even worth it now - there was enough cop hassle with imports as it was, let alone with all this media blowout and P plater crackdown with the new laws and such...

Its unfortunate that there actually are P Plate import owners who respect their cars, and drive sensibly on the road, within their limits - then there are those who, with a high power car in their hands believe they are invincible and show no regard for anyone or anything around them when they are on the road.

It sucks, but I totally support the banning also.

I can't help but feel as though the threats of bans are making the situation worse, to me it seems like many have gotten the "fcuk you, you can't stop me, i'll do what i want" attitude and have begun to carry on like lunatics more-so..

I'll admit as a P Plater, I've got the "you can't stop me" attitude towards the proposed bans, however my attitude is more directed at the fact I don't want to give up my "performance car" which I drive sensibly (and enjoy doing so)..

I think it's time to perhaps start putting some mild limits in place, it's getting out of hand, but they also need to focus more on driver education. At the end of the day, though, dickheads will be dickheads and you're probrably not going to change their mind. Too many people just see it all as a game.

I cant believe what I just saw on TV. Claims of a potential ban on P-Platers drag racing full stop. This means they would not be allowed to race at WSID for example.

Way to go whoever came up with that moronic idea, lets take away the ability of P-Platers to race in a controlled and safe environment. If this was to happen, more and more people will resort to speeding/racing on public roads.

While I support a few of the ideas being thrown around in an attempt to kurb p-plate deaths, this new suggestion is complete and utter bull5hit.