SAU Community

Roof Racks

Sydneykid

Has anyone found the right profile roof racks to fit the standard rails? I have had a look at a few in my local SupaCrap, the Nissan Navara looks like it might be close.

Merry Xmas fellow Stageans:cheers:

Did someone say Navara?

Hi Duncan, Merry Xmas, do you have a Navara handy that you can measure the profile of the roof rails? Surely Nissan didn't make a unique profile just for Stageas:cheers:

Yes, very handy.  Exactly what do i need to measure?  It currently has roof racks on as well :D

You convinced my out of a Stagea so I got a navara to tow with instead ;)

I didn't think I was convincing you out of a Stagea, I really like mine. Except I can't find a decent tow bar manufacturer in Sydney. But that's not the Stagea's fault.

The standard Stagea roof rails are triangular shape. Using the verniers, they are 35 mm on the outside and 30 mm on the underside and inside. That's ignoring the rounded corners. Maybe compare that with your Navara.:cheers:

Sydney Kid, Thule make very nice racks to clamp onto the roof rails on Stageas, the good ones (aerodynamic) are about $180 per cross bar and then you can get heaps of 'bolt-ons' like ski, bike carriers etc.

Thanks, where can I get Thule stuff from? :)

Sydney Kid, Thule make very nice racks to clamp onto the roof rails on Stageas, the good ones (aerodynamic) are about $180 per cross bar and then you can get heaps of 'bolt-ons' like ski, bike carriers etc.

Hi Prank, do they have a listing for Stageas? If not what did you ask for? :)

• 2 weeks later...

The Thule part numbers for the Stagea are as follows:

Thule Foot pack #755

Thule Aero Bar #861 (120cm bar)

The Thule International parts manual lists the wrong size bar for Stagea 97 on - it lists the longest bar which is too wide for the car. The above part number fits - I have them on my car now. Cost is around $250.

:D

• Nope 1

Thule Foot pack #755

The Thule International parts manual lists the wrong size bar for Stagea 97 on - it lists the longest bar which is too wide for the car. The above part number fits - I have them on my car now. Cost is around $250.

:)

Thanks for that, off to the local Auto One store I go......will post pictures when fitted.:D

S1 and S2 should be the same as the changes made to the car were cosmetic and any changes to the physical cabin structure would be too expensive to implement mid life which is why lots of cars get nose and bum jobs.

so in theory unless nissan was pouring money down the sink on mid life upgrades then yeah they should fit.

anyone post up a pic of the roof rack on their car pretty please :)

:(

Glenn

• 2 years later...

Thule Foot pack #755

:nyaanyaa:

I had 135 mm bars on my series 1 and accommodated a 6oo litre top box and a sea kayak if I offset the kayak to one side of the rails, using Thule kayak holders. This gave me no problems and I drove thousands of km's like that loaded up.

Now can anyone help me re the M35 and fitting a roof rack that is not the Nissan issue one?

I tried Thule and they have no standard fittings that suit. Prices are steep if I have to adapt a Thule but I wish to use my Thule fittings that I already have.

If I drop the $700 odd that I need for the Nissan one can anybody confirm that it is the satandard Euro sized bar and will suit my attachments? Or can I just get the roof fitting and use my existing bars?

• 7 months later...

Sorry to dig up an old thread, but I just got a set of roof racks for my Series 2 Stagea and wanted to advise other owners that these fit perfectly;

"Jetbag" brand. Owned and made by Thule (Sweden), 3 yr warr

Model- Complete 6501

Black 126cm long with black foot kit

Lockable

75 Kg rating (very good)

Got them through these guys based in NSW - $105 delivered (less than 1/2 the price of ROLA, THULE and the other major brands).

http://www.roofrackworld.com.au/

More info here.

http://www.jetbag.com/

Apperently the same as the current model Toyota RAV 4 with roof rails.