SAU Community

Servicing and mechanical parts for R33 in Perth?

slayer

When my R33 arrived from japan and I drove it here during the compliance process I got vibration from the tailshaft. All 3 of my uni joints in the tailshaft were stuffed. There is a place in osborne park (driveshaft/tailshaft balancing??? I think, they are on collingwood st) anyway set me back around $360 give or take for parts and labour. Car drives beautifully to 180km/hr now :P

Rob

Yep Carvells Auto Transmissions in Welshpool. Just across the raod from the train station.. nice and easy that.

Did the Soarer there. you may find it cheaper to get custom joints made by Veale eng. Had this prob with a Navara as it was $600 for the joint and $200 for a custom made one!

If you have cactus uni's then you can have a go at doing it yourself or any mechanic can do it, its not rocket science. Dito for the support bearing, just source the best price on a replacement part.

If you have a two peice tail shaft the support bush and bearing(where the two peices meet) can be determined as farquar if there is signs of the rubber bush perishing to the extent that you can get up and down/side to side play. Usually if it goes it vibrates all the time and makes noises.