SAU Community

Antenna conversion

Col-GTSX

Autobarn sell the nissan double diversity adaptor for like 12 bought one the other day.. works a charm.

I wouldnt bother converting it.. just get the adaptor otherwise you will be stuffing round quite the bit!

• 5 months later...
  • Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 years later...

Hi,

I have an adapter that came with my car. The thing is is that the car came with no headunit (removed somewhere between Japan and Aus). I have just purchased a new headunit and I'm not sure if the adapter will work? it has an Aus spec plug on it (aswell as some other kind) and the other end fits into the stock R34 antenna plug. Is this the same as a double diversity adaptor? Will I receive Aus radio stations with an aussie headunit and the current adapter I have?

Thanks in advance.

Thanks Chris,

I just finished my install and everything is working fine :P

Here's a pic,

post-42101-1235976521_thumb.jpg

Thanks to you and Mark for your headunit removal thread and everyone else on SAU.

It's great to have somewhere to turn to to ask stupid questions and receive great advice.

Speakers are next so look out for more silly Q's!

• 8 months later...

Hi just wondering cos now i'm stump. The power antenna wire as it is said that this wire needs to be cut and connected if not the after market headunit will not work. So after cutting, to where do i have to connect it to?

And nother thing isthat mine came with the ""fm expander" and a red (power) wire connected to power the expander, but comes with the 2 pin antenna plug. I know i need to remove this as I'm fitting a pioneer HU. But what about the power antenna wire? After cutting it does it mean I need to join it to any power source or can i join it to the "ign source" from my head unit?

Cheers

Daniel

• 3 weeks later...
that will work fine. its the same one I sell.

Chris,

I also found one of these in my '33'. The extra lead, from memory, looked like a female antenna, is that right? .If so 4 what?? extra antenna, FM modulated CDplayer of something?

Anyone,

further up this thread someone mentioned the rear window antenna is 4 FM, does that mean the guard ant is 4 AM ????? (clean lines .. mmmm)

and whats the go with the areal lead, I mean the little cable suck to the bigger one, I'm thinkn 2 areal,2 leads or am I miles off

I've been curious about these for a while but never found anything.

I'll B putn a half decent stezza in sooner than later, and would like to get the ol mellon around a few things

hope that makes sense, (Trying 2 feed a 2Yr old and type)

Cheers

Chris,

I also found one of these in my '33'. The extra lead, from memory, looked like a female antenna, is that right? .If so 4 what?? extra antenna, FM modulated CDplayer of something?

Anyone,

further up this thread someone mentioned the rear window antenna is 4 FM, does that mean the guard ant is 4 AM ????? (clean lines .. mmmm)

and whats the go with the areal lead, I mean the little cable suck to the bigger one, I'm thinkn 2 areal,2 leads or am I miles off

I've been curious about these for a while but never found anything.

I'll B putn a half decent stezza in sooner than later, and would like to get the ol mellon around a few things

hope that makes sense, (Trying 2 feed a 2Yr old and type)

Cheers

nope thats for the diversity antenna. its not used in your case.