SAU Community

Calder Park - Final Details - 24th November

ex-static

Overview

As you all know In association with Calder park's Off Street Drag Events, Skylines Australia Victorian Division has put together a club day! Its finally comming together, and we have a nice number of entrants and spectators, which is excellent for our first official event!

We have arranged a club discount for members, but since we haven't taken any memberships yet, Ive organised a thing called a 'Club Card' which you will receive on the day, showing this card at the gate will entitle you to the discounted entry.

We will also be having a bbq(just sausage sizzle most likely!) You can bring your own meat if you want. We havent organised a BBQ yet, so if anyone has a decent portable BBQ theyd like to bring along for us to use, let me know.

There will be a trophy presentation at the end of the day for both the fastest, and slowest car of the day!

Club card Details

On the day, we request you meet us at the car park before the entrance of calder to collect your club card at 9am Sharp! we will only be there for 1hr giving these cards out, so if you are late, you miss out. If you can contact me before the day to let me know you will be late, ill try and work something out. We will also ask for a gold coin donation when you receive the card to show your support for the club. We also ask that the cards can be returned at the end of the event so we can use them for days in the future!

Pricing Details (discounted)

Competitors - $45

Spectators - $10

You can find details of the event at the Calder park Website

If you have any Hassles or need more details, let me know.

Brendan

ex-static

SAU Vic, Vice President

[email protected]

All people planning on racing, please remember that you will need a helmet (no stackhats!!:)), a long sleeved shirt, and closed shoes (sneakers/boots) no sandals or bare feet!!

You will also need to block off radiator overflow hoses before scrutineering. (Cars can't leak anything onto the track)

....probably want to bring along some sunscreen too. :)

seems to be a hot topic lately.

Memberships to the Victorian side of the SAU wont be taken until we (on the commitee) sort a few more little niggly things out.

But to answer the question... no... u do not have to be a member... as there are no members at the moment ;)

Originally posted by chopobo

u kidding?

they finally realise the that the VL does have nissan engine therefore it is fast? not because its a holden.:eek:

pffffffffffft sif... its just open to ppl we know :(

I will be coming with a mate, and possibly racing if I can find a helmet.

Is this an SAU event only, or will heaps of other people be coming. I dont really want to stall off the line in front of 1000's of people.

Also, what kind of helmet will i need?

dave

Originally posted by R31 Skyline Chick

All people planning on racing, please remember that you will need a helmet (no stackhats!!:()

It needs to be an Australian approved helmet... like a motor bike helmet..... can't be a viking helmet with horns or anything silly like that..... ;)

Originally posted by R31 Skyline Chick

can't be a viking helmet with horns or anything silly like that..... :(

;) well i guess i'll have to find another one then!

Originally posted by chopobo

thats a tyre right? :cool:

and a glove, a jack, a bucket, a hose and a broom...

this can only mean one thing... megz is learning to drift on slicks by wetting his driveway and jacking his car up with a mop!

That's h 4 |2 D c 0 |2 3 | 3 3 7 n 3 5 5