SAU Community

R33: Suspension - Fitting Pineapples

Lazy-Bastard

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

is there a massive difference between solid cradle bushes and poly pineapples? are these even the same thing coz they look to be :S just weighing up if its worth the extra $50 or so for the alloy ones..

• 2 weeks later...

If I buy the Whiteline kit and want the Maximum Traction setting, are there enough rings to go round? Judging from the PDF it says the front needs (Small Cut Rings - I assume that means 2?) and the rear needs (Small Ring)

To me, this brings the total to 4 Small Cut Rings and 2 Small Rings. The kit however contains 4 small rings (two with cut) and two large rings. Does this mean I need two kits?

• 2 weeks later...

where did you go to get yours so cheep? did you order online? i may just have to go to supercheep and try get them through there as there is no fulcrum in NZ

are they the blue ones that you got? the 69.5mm part number is spf1800K? and the 80mm one is spf1799k?

im just redoing/finishing the suspension in my skyline.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...

It says on the kit that it increases NVH, is it really noticeable over stock?? Also with the max traction settings, does it make the rear end more soft - ie u can push the car down easier from the back

• 3 months later...

It says on the kit that it increases NVH, is it really noticeable over stock?? Also with the max traction settings, does it make the rear end more soft - ie u can push the car down easier from the back

Would like to know this too if anyone still cares about this thread.

Went down to my local Fulcrum dealer and got four of the small pineapples for max traction setting, now cost $18 plus GST each but got 20% off by mentioning I was part of a car club :)

old thread.

i cant remember if ive got these in my car i think i put some in like 3yrs ago. can anyone comment if the drift/drag setup actually makes a difference or if its just bogus.

id imagine drag setup just has something to do with axle tramp?

Mate if you can tell the difference between maximum squat or otherwise then you have much keener senses than me.

I find the maximum compliance setting using only 4 pineapples to be the best on my car by a long way.

I set it up for maximum squat and it didn't do... well... squat :rolleyes:

No noticeable improvement in traction but more axle tramp - no thanks

P.S I've recently got rid of the poly pineapples and fitted the alloy lock rings which is a far superior solution.

People say the NVH increases too much but it really is fark all, anyway it's a modded Skyline not a friggin limo!

So anybody want to purchase a set of second hand, good condition pineapples? (4 only = max compliance)

old thread.

i cant remember if ive got these in my car i think i put some in like 3yrs ago. can anyone comment if the drift/drag setup actually makes a difference or if its just bogus.

id imagine drag setup just has something to do with axle tramp?