SAU Community

Goddam NSW roads.

Zebbie

GRR! Warning - There is a big ass hole in the road coming from Bathurst --> Sydney, at a place called Hartley, opposite one of the few speedcams on the road.

The hole(s) were big enough for me to nose in, bash all 4 wheels and severely dent both front alloys, with one requiring repairs (if possible) - have not dared take the rears off yet.

(Have had both fronts rebalanced, but one of the alloy's may not be circular anymore)

Anyone got a Tommy Kiara alloy about? Silver 6 spoke?

<------- see picture

ffs.

I will try sending the bill to the RTA. god knows if i'd ever get anything. This is the main road ffs! ...

Yup I know about that one :P I see it each week when I come back from bathurst... i dodge them every week :D

if you're heading towards sydney it's kinda just after the tight hairpins and 45k zone.. and then the big straight climb uphill...

it's horrible.. i hit them once before and luckily most of the time i'm following someone home and they dodge it and remind me the potholes are there!

but there is a few biggish potholes.. there's some on the mt victoria pass too!

Theres a pot hole that my dad drives through everyday in his beemer. its a god-awful bone jarring pothole. It's on the Pacific highway, after the mowbray rd junction, outside peugot/sabb dealership. he took it for a service and they commented how the springs on the left side sagged a bit compared to the right. he avoids the hole now :P

Zebbie, sorry to hear of that damage. It sucks teh wang big time.

Definatley get a photo of the hole, photos of the damage. ask workshop to sign a letter say that the wheel requires replacement, get a price on a replacement wheel and then send it (with a letter from you) to whoever is responsible for that piece of road.

Richard