SAU Community

calder results

meggala

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by meggala

nark I meant mine see the difference in the top speed form stock turbo to the bigger one 8 mph

cheers

yeah well it goes without saying that a bigger turb is going to get u a faster speed :D

its in the pipelines... still waiting to hear back about my FMIC.

lol hope it works... i might try converting it again... altho i just found one of u and steve :D cant hear urs as well tho.

eric cancel it!!

it didnt work properly on mine... only thing i can play it on is the myvivo thing... i think its the codecs u need.

hmmm... will try and do it again.

Originally posted by INASNT

I am still pissed i missed it!

Ex how did u pull a 13.8??

did u use that special fuel you were talking about last week?

I guess it comes down to setup, I ran a few low 14s, then got the 13.9, ive got really good rubber, good clutch, and I guess my safc is tuned really well..

mmm.. more power needed.

/me slaps himself..

Had some good clean fun yesterday!

I didn't run the quater, but it was good to catch up with Dave, and the boys from ICE. They put in some impressive runs, however i think Dave (leewah) was looking for more.

Came in the 555 WRX, which performed well. Clutch was still good for the drive home which as everyone knows is the week point in WRX's :) Just a shame we couldn't work the Boost out, there was a flat 13 waiting on the day we just couldn't reach.

Weather gave me the shits! plus everytime we got a break the V8's would start up, have a few runs, then drop oil all over the track. more time wasted. :D

Next time I will definatly have my car ready so put me on the list now.

FINER9

Well... my Manual Calais Turbo... (a skyline in drag for the day)

i got a 15.021 @ 99.38

with a 60' of 2.599.

That was Disgraceful if you ask me. :Oops:

I've only had the car 3 days and i can't seem to get the thing moving. Any tips?

It's got a small AVO stage 1 stlye cooler.. 3" zorst and a hi-flowd T03-->15psi

So is it fair to say it should've been more to the mid 14's ???

My vacum hose came out of the boost gauge and it was busted so it didn't go back in, so i guess i would've lost a bit of boost ???

WTF am i doing wrong :D :confused:

I dunno.. I'm sad

Traction... not a lot.

I ripped a BIG :burnout: before that run but it still was skating all up first.

The ozperformace guy's reckon a 13 on good street tyres is possible and maybe a high 12 on slicks.. :D

It's just what tyres to get ?!?!?!?

Also... i had more grip on sat night (i swear i wasn't racing on the street mommy) than at Calder!

R31Nismoid, the thing i was told once by a tyre place is that u have to be careful when your lighting up the rears before u run down the 1/4

with most street tyres, theres a threshold point of temp, pass it and the stickness is not better than when they were cold

unlike slicks, street radials wernt designed for the track

i was also tipped that u can get treatment for street radials, its a paste u put on the night before run, breaks down teh rubber abit and makes it super sticky..the only catch is u probably have to put the tyres on when u get to the track and not drive up there with the treatment on the tyres