SAU Community

calder results

meggala

R31Nismoid I ahd very simialr issues to you .

first time with this car to calder the best I could run was 15.09 @ 96 mph

on sunday (mine was the black r32 with black wheels. I fitted pineapples and semi comps ( leagal race tyres) and I ran 14.04 @ 99.68 mph 60' time was 2.1 compared to 2.5- 2.7 b4 I ran a bit more boostand the car was better tuned butthe yres made a big difference also the fast commodores use fairly soft suspension

meggala

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A good day had by all considering the weather and the number of oil spillages.

I'm happy with the MPH we ran but the 60' times were bad, hence the final slowish times.

The best time we pulled was a 11.58 @ 121 MPH with a 1.86 60'. There were also times of 11.63, 11.81 and 11.88, 12.02, and a 15 sec pass.

We suffered big traction problems off the line with all four wheels losing traction for some time. This was due to two main reasons. One was using street tyres and the second was that the tyres were at street pressure. I think if the pressure was reduced a bit, there may have been some better times.

Loss of traction was harsh and we had to make it up in MPH which is never an easy task.

Considering I ran a reasonalbly low boost for the turbo, the car felt that it was good lower times at the same boost. The only problem I had wasthat the clutch heated up after a few runs and I had some slippage, hence the 15 sec pass I had.

I'm going to get the ignition problem sorted first, then I'll look at getting a stronger clutch, semi comp tyres and more boost. At least now I have a rough idea of how fast my car actually is.

Congrats to all who rocked up and ran. Some nice times out there. Thanks must go to all who organised the event. Unfortunately, the weather was out of our control and there were too many selfish fools out there dropping oil.

How good is Legal Off Street Draging?!?!!?! Fantastic fun, shame about the weather tho.

First of all, BIG THANKYOU to Leewah for helping my car pass the scrutineering by providing me with a whell nut. Must've fell out on the way coz it was definatly there on satdi arvo. Leewah if you want them back just pm me and i'll get them too ya...

Anyways after the car was given numbers I managed to pull:

15.209 @ 87.98, 60' 2.817

15.306 @ 97.11, 60' 2.610

14.370 @ 98.79, 60' 2.407

The first run I wasn't ready for the light to go green so qiuckly, hence lota lag. The second run far too much wheel spin, and the third was almost perfect. I only had 3 runs coz I went for lunch and never came back... It was still raining at 2 so didnt really see much point returning.

The tyres were prolly my worst enemy. They were cherping changing into forth! 205s at about 32psi will prolly do that tho.

Oh yeah, Congrats to SAU Vic!!! Keep the events coming!!

The first run I wasn't ready for the light to go green so qiuckly

does that really matter...dont street meet races start the clock once u break the start line, so u could sit there all day setting yourself up and your reaction time doesnt get added to your finish time

Originally posted by riggaP

First of all, BIG THANKYOU  to Leewah for helping my car pass the scrutineering by providing me with a whell nut. Must've fell out on the way coz it was definatly there on satdi arvo. Leewah if you want them back just pm me and i'll get them too ya...

I'd love to take the credit for this dude, but I don't think you got the wheel nut?

All of mine are still on the car and I didn't think I had a spare one.

Originally posted by whistla

does that really matter...dont street meet races start the clock once u break the start line, so u could sit there all day setting yourself up and your reaction time doesnt get added to your finish time

This is true. Street meets don't use the Xmas tree. The timer for your run only starts after you have broken the laser.

When you line up at the tree, you have the 2 sets of white lights which tell you that you are at stage. The "shallower" you go into stage, the more room there is to move when launching. The laser sits 6" ahead of back of the second strip (as there are 2 seperate sets of white lights). When the lights go green, you can sit there as long as you like as long as you don't move more than 6" forward, setting the laser off.

Reaction times are irrelevant to your final time. My reaction times were all round the 3 second mark.

FYI, the green light will appear .4 of a sec after the yellow lights come on.

Whens the next meet?

i was spewing my clutch on my skyline started slipping 3 days b4 the great event.... buttttt in a week me and my cousin managed to get his beast "BAD 69"on road after having a slipping gear box blown dif and a busted fuel line

we managed to rip his statesmans dif and carb.out and chucked it in for now. as we expected dif stuffed up and the fuel line was not big enough for the motor. there for explaing the 14 sec passes

but all in all we had a laugh

next time...... NIK ME AND U... AT THE LIGHTS R32 Vs R33 ahhahaha

for the IPRIMUS DRAG CUP

ahha

Originally posted by Leewah

I'd love to take the credit for this dude, but I don't think you got the wheel nut?

All of mine are still on the car and I didn't think I had a spare one.

The security dude said he got the spares off you, 4 of em in fact in a green pack... unless it was some one you were with... anyways thank to who ever it was.

Originally posted by whistla

I know. What I meant was, in my panic to get the car moving I didnt build up any revs. Took off at about 1500rpm...

hhmmmm...so you could get a time slip, huh?

oh well.

a little more info on calders side would have been nice. they expected us all to be pre-educated in their rules...ie no racing the track coming back to line up (but who didnt?)

so no one told me about the time slips...should have guessed, right?

so i have video evidence to back up my "awsome" time claims....hehe, yea awsome:rolleyes: NOT!!!

14.43 @ 98.97

14.61 @ 96.96

14.65 @ um...well...i dont know (the cameraman decided the speed wasnt important enough...thanks stu :D)

and then me being the adventerous type, experimented with a few things and failed :) so i thought the times wont important here! (high 15's)

considering my car is stock appart from the 3" exhaust from turbo with 2 1/2" cat, i was quite pleased with myself and my baby!

all in all i had a really great day, was a first for me and was a bit of an ego booster:cool: i recomend "drag virgins" to get out there and "break yourself in" :eek1: whatever you are driving! (hmmm...hope that didnt offend?)

Sounds like you guys had a fair bit of fun... Good times by some of you... Meggala you did well to knock a second off your et... what have you since done?

Leewah - You've already got a twin plate in ur car don't you? heh - I guess there are some benefits to not having 4wd :) My single is still holding up *touch wood*.

I didn't come down as I didn't finish my tri till about 10:30, and it was raining in st. kilda at that stage so I didn't want to make the drive just to find that the event wasn't on...

Oh well - Guess there's always next time! :D

matt

Originally posted by Zdenko

Whens the next meet?

i was spewing my clutch on my skyline started slipping 3 days b4 the great event.... buttttt in a week me and my cousin managed to get his beast  "BAD 69"on road after having a slipping gear box blown dif and a busted fuel line

we managed to rip his statesmans dif and carb.out and chucked it in for now. as we expected dif  stuffed up and the fuel line was not big enough for the motor. there for explaing the 14 sec passes

but all in all we had a laugh  

next time......   NIK ME AND U... AT THE LIGHTS R32 Vs R33 ahhahaha

for the IPRIMUS DRAG CUP

ahha

lol sell me ur turbo for 250 first and wait til my FMIC gets here... then ur on :D

providing u do nothing to urs lol