SAU Community

Best Street/Strip Tyre Around.

rev210

Look at these baby's

They are the little brothers of the BFG drag comp radial TA's, for those of us who can't fit a 255/45/17 under our rear guards and don't want to give up much handling.

http://www.bfgoodrichtires.com/assets/pdf/...drag_radial.pdf

The nice low profile gives nothing away on road handling and at the strip...well next best thing to slicks.

Who sells these suckers in Australia?

I cant tell you for sure but i think nitto 555 would last alot longer then the BFs as on the nitto site they say you can get something like 15000 miles worth under NORMAL driving which is dam heaps i was going to get the BFstreet slicks for my torana but dad talk me out of them because tread depths are sh!t all but at the same time my dad has hook ups in the tyre world so he is going to get me some nittos and i will let you know how i go.

If you get the BFs let me know how they hook up thanks.

Ash.

Sorry i did say what i was going to which is that Michelin own BFG so just look for someone in your area that does michelin and they should be able to get you the BF street slicks, and just to let you know that the more traction you have that more strain is put on driveline too and more chance of a BOOM lol.

I just had a look at that pdf file you attached...

I hope you never drive your car in the wet, because judging by the tread design on those tyres, your first drive in the rain will be your last.

Go for the Dunlop D01Js or Nitto NT-555Rs... They wear reasonably, have excellent grip, and have much MUCH better water channelling properties than those BFG g-Force T/As...

Falken AZENIS are reputedly better in the wet than the D01Js and NT-555Rs, but aren't even in the same league for dry grip.

Originally posted by Merli

I hope you never drive your car in the wet, because judging by the tread design on those tyres, your first drive in the rain will be your last.

Go for the Dunlop D01Js or Nitto NT-555Rs... They wear reasonably, have excellent grip, and have much MUCH better water channelling properties than those BFG g-Force T/As...

Falken AZENIS are reputedly better in the wet than the D01Js and NT-555Rs, but aren't even in the same league for dry grip.

Nitto's,like the BFGs are horrible in the wet and 15,000 miles worth of normal driving (read I drive like a 90 year old on sedatives) wear aint much at all. Thats just what you get for essentially 'shaved' tyres.

BFG's from all accounts I've heard out perform Nitto's hands down on a strip.

Rear wheel drive skylines need no encouragement to go sideways wet or dry. The only alternative is to drive like you are supposed to in the wet (ie: like nana) BFG's or not (Mind you over here in the west I think rain has become but a memory).

Up against it's 'real' drag/street peers (mickey t dot's etc) the BFG's put up a better road proposition ,be it with the enevitable drawbacks a tyre that close to race spec will attract.

Originally posted by torana_mad

Sorry i did say what i was going to which is that Michelin own BFG so just look for someone in your area that does michelin and they should be able to get you the BF street slicks, and just to let you know that the more traction you have that more strain is put on driveline too and more chance of a BOOM lol.

The 'boom' part is right :P I lost count of how many gearboxes, diffs and axles I've replaced on other cars with 'real' power. At least my skyline hasn't got enough torque to do any harm at this stage.

Originally posted by torana_mad

The 'boom' part is right :P I lost count of how many gearboxes, diffs and axles I've replaced on other cars with 'real' power. At least my skyline hasn't got enough torque to do any harm at this stage.

I ran the yoko 032r's at calder they were great couldn't ask for better grip in the dry in the wet and for normal street driving I would always run normal street tyres no point in usign any thing else btw drove the 032's in the wet they were ok nothing to rave about but adequete

meggala

for some good tyre info

try http://www.stuckey.com.au

or

http://www.vpwmailorder.com

OI would not go as far as gettign et street slick though on an old school v8 fine but not for a skyline

Guest Nismo_Freak
Originally posted by Merli

Also note that Falken Azenis will decimate the other tires in lateral grip... they are a cornering tire not a drag tire.

Had some really scary incidents on TAs in the wet. this was driving a GT falcon auto, not highly modded, just cam and a tune. The problem was going around 90 degree corners esp when braking into traffic. I had to idle the car into the traffic and when pointing in the right direction gently speed up. Hooked up great in the dry though.

I have euro t/a's in 245/50/15s and all i can say is that for the price the shops sell them for (almost $500 each) i would think they might have alittle more grip then they do and they suck when the road even gets alittle wet under power but off power they are ok.

Ash.