SAU Community

Need Advice: Brakes Pads

46n2

Time to replace the brake pads and I need help deciding what to get...

I want pads with little or no noise, but with more bite than the factory pads...

Can anyone feed my sponge like brain (living in a pineapple under the sea...)?

46N2

Howdy,

I just did my pads etc yesterday

Priced up some endless pads but they are a little harsh i have heard, from cold

I put EBC green stuff in the front and EBC street kevlar balck stuff in the back. Had to get my disc machined cos it had a lovely groove on all 4 wheels, god knows why cos the groove wasnt on the outer of the rim either.

NEwayz all four pads, machining and EBC racing fluid with a flush etc. cos me $420

i wasnt expecting that but i did it anyways cos i had ebc on my lancer GSR and they pulled up a treat and didnt mess the chrome rims hardly. well at least no black carbon, just nice white dust after a while, easy to wipe off etc.

I would recommend them definately. the fronts are $220 and rears are $85, so i mean $300 really if you dont need machining and can change them yourself.

beware though i got quoted 3 different prices from 3 different places, 2 of which were the same company in different locations. lol

they are also rated at 600 degrees or somethingl ike that and the cheap as crap bendix replacements that were there were rated at like 220 degrees or something so the car didnt want to stop most of the time. also they are kevlar so disc damage is nearly nil and they work from cold so no probs with BITE

laters

Sweet...:D

Best place to get them (in brisbane...-anyone?) ? I was thinking of Greenstuffs a while ago but never posted to get actual feedback as to how they really perform, opposed to how they should perform...But 'tis good news.

Are redstuffs worth going the extra mile for? Apparently they last longer too. True???

46n2

I have Project mu pads, rated 0-600deg. That sqeak like buggery, have shitloads of brake dust and if the discs have got wet and get that tarnished film over them then they don't brake.

I am definately changing pads soon and will most likely go with a set of kevlar pads, less dust and consistant braking.

See'ya:burnout:

I think I saw someone mention ferrodo 'DS' series in the thread about brakes.

I used to ferrodo's on my mazda, I though they were very good indeed.

I think the range number for the skyline was DS 2500 and 3000 (the 3000's are a strong track pad). Someone know about these?

Originally posted by SpecII

Priced up some endless pads but they are a little harsh i have heard, from cold

eeeeeeiiiiiiiiii.

that's the sound of endless stopping power (of which they have a huge amount)

mine were very very noisy but very effective (untill i lost one while driving on a mountain road(not the pad's fault)). cold or hot, it didn't matter, they worked well. a tad bit expensive though

so my advice is, don't get them if you don't like noise.:(