SAU Community

SAU NSW/RENEW Track Day, Wakefleld Park, 19 March 2005

red900ss

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was playing the car has got very old tyres on it as you would have seen Brad and sliding and wheel spinning past the rotors the car has done 1.05 before with good tyres buying new set today but at $2000 per set you want to get the most out of them .anyone coming to oran park

It looks like the club will lose about $2k on this event so any entrants are most welcome!

Sorry, how is the NSW club going to be affected financially by attendance being down on a track day?!?!?! Please explain.

Adrian

I was playing the car has got very old tyres on it as you would have seen Brad and sliding and wheel spinning past the rotors the car has done 1.05 before with good tyres buying new set today but at $2000 per set you want to get the most out of them .anyone coming to oran park

I'm not doubting the speed of the car at all, but you have to compare apples to apples :(

Would love to get out to Oran but not going anywhere til I get the over heating issue sorted and fix the sway bar mount that i broke.

Brad

hahaha sorry after rereading it I notice it sounds like can we lose $$ aswell, what I meant was can SAU club organise and pay 1/2 for a drag day with another car club like it does with track days if the people organising it were members?

Why does the club pay half of a track day event potentially losing (as in this case) thousands of dollars when Brett and I were both told that we couldn't use the club bank account to organise the drag day?

I'm confused.

Adrian

Incidentally, using the club account would've involved a 'NO LOSS whatsoever' situation - i.e. we just needed somewhere public to park the entrants dollars so people would feel more confident handing over the $$$.

Adrian

Adrian, SAU is trying to move towards running more events for our members, our first track hire was a financial success and so we committed to a second.

However due to a combination of poor notice and no turn out, we have taken a huge financial loss this time, obviously this is the risk we take organising events.

My guess is that the outcome of this will be that SAU NSW will not be sticking its neck out financially for an event in the near future since no members were interested.

As I remember the situation with the WSID day was:

a) the club was happy to be involved organising

B) WSID did not allow us to be involved (had to be a private booking) due to issues on the Pac day

c) Brett was good enough to personally take the financial risk.

as the club was not involved it was not appropriate to use the club account, this is exactly the same appraoch as we take to the motoconcepts track day.

Finally, you are the club's drag event representative, so IMHO its not appropriate for you to complain that the club is not organising drag events :D

This track day was a huge disappointment to the exec committee, and I would love to see it being the topic of serious discussion among the members who join us at the AGM. Those who chose not to attend can STFU.

Thanks Duncan for saving me from dredging back through the WSID day threads, that is my recollection as well.

Adrian, as Duncan said the first track event we ran made a profit, this one did not. Feel free to step up to the plate for a position on the Executive Committee at the impending AGM as you obviously feel passionately about these issues.

It's good to see some concern for the club.

Adrian, SAU is trying to move towards running more events for our members, our first track hire was a financial success and so we committed to a second.  

However due to a combination of poor notice and no turn out, we have taken a huge financial loss this time, obviously this is the risk we take organising events.

Why organise a track day with little to no notice?

My guess is that the outcome of this will be that SAU NSW will not be sticking its neck out financially for an event in the near future since  no members were interested.

Proper planning and plenty of notice and PROMOTION means you're not sticking your neck out.

As I remember the situation with the WSID day was:

a) the club was happy to be involved organising

B) WSID did not allow us to be involved (had to be a private booking) due to issues on the Pac day

c) Brett was good enough to personally take the financial risk.

as the club was not involved it was not appropriate to use the club account, this is exactly the same appraoch as we take to the motoconcepts track day.

Fine, thankyou.

Finally, you are the club's drag event representative, so IMHO its not appropriate for you to complain that the club is not organising drag events :)

I beg your farking pardon??? Show me where in this thread I complained about us not organising drag events? :P

This track day was a huge disappointment to the exec committee, and I would love to see it being the topic of serious discussion among the members who join us at the AGM.  Those who chose not to attend can STFU.

Amen. Horrible result. :)

Thanks Duncan for saving me from dredging back through the WSID day threads, that is my recollection as well.

Adrian, as Duncan said the first track event we ran made a profit, this one did not. Feel free to step up to the plate for a position on the Executive Committee at the impending AGM as you obviously feel passionately about these issues.

It's good to see some concern for the club.

Duncan & Dino:

1/ please see the executive nominations list for the last AGM.

2/ See you at the AGM.

Adrian, as I said "Feel free to step up to the plate for a position on the Executive Committee at the impending AGM...".

You may get lucky this year.

How are the nominations coming? Has anyone stepped up for anything?

• 2 weeks later...

RENEW have informed me that they are sending a cheque for ~$1200 to us as this is the profit they would have made on the day. Our arrangement with them is that the event should make a profit before either club does.

So it looks like we lost ~$1300 on this one.

Big thankyou to Brad and the others at RENEW. ;)