SAU Community

Link Engine Management

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My Link was bout $1100 without hand controller. Its a plug in but you gotta put link gear in factory ecu case. (Stealth) :P I friend has one in his STI and it runs perfectly. But as I said to you b4 mine hasnt been tuned yet so I cant really comment.

I have a LINK ecu in my 32 gtst.

I've had no problems what-so-ever apart from mechanics 'claiming' they can tune it, when they know fcuk all and screwed my car completely.

So be weary.

The two workshops that have tuned my car with success is Amberley Autos and AVO.

I have a severe problem at the moment with it though, as i am building another 32 gtst and have put the ecu into my new car, and i am MISSING the LINK map sensor !!! :D

Its weird, the r32 GTR LINK ecu, will run on the factory nissan map sensor, but the r32 gtst requires a LINK map sensor.

AVO have no more map sensors, and they dont know when they will be getting anymore... so this is stressing me out big time.

The only down side, is that the handcontroller has limited read out information i.e. only 1 line screen.

Aktive,

If you have a GTSLink you can plug in a laptop via a usb or serial link. From there you can tune it or use it to display all the gauges and datalogging.

As far as a map sensor, email or call link in NZ. Might be easier

Adam

Ive searched and found bugger all threads on link engine management

Yes, there is a reason for that

but have been told they are the shiznit (no afm needed)

Brings me back to comment one.

If you aint seen many posts about something. Its hardly good.

If they were soo good everyone would be using them (such as a PowerFC)

Get a PFC and do yourself a favour

If you aint seen many posts about something. Its hardly good.

If they were soo good everyone would be using them (such as a PowerFC)

Get a PFC and do yourself a favour

Ok, if your going to make a bold statement like that, you need to suggest/list some factual information here.

You are like 90% of the other posts on here that just go with 'the flow'

"Everyone Else Is Doing It, So It MUST Be Good !"

And thats the biggest crock of sh1t, and i hate reading peoples posts who have no actual idea what they are talking about, they just post what other people do.

List me some factual information for and against LinkECUs.

Sorry a was referring to your comment about the hand controller. Wasn't sure if you knew about the PClink stuff.

At the same time I guess a laptop in the car all the time is hardly convenient.

Adam

Sorry a was referring to your comment about the hand controller. Wasn't sure if you knew about the PClink stuff.  

At the same time I guess a laptop in the car all the time is hardly convenient.

Adam

hehe, yeah i was merely comparing the handcontroller to a Wolf3D handcontroller or a PFC handcontroller which give you a range of information on the one screen.

Link have just brought out a few new products including a new ECU.

I know a lot of people using it as well as a few people who work for Link.

Like any ECU it's all about the tuner.

I have had bad luck with previous LINK computers and bad tuners.. and good luck with PowerFC and it working from just being plugged in.

If you have a good tuner that likes LINK, then it will work fine. Might be worth trying out LINKs new products.

Link is a "average" ECU.

For its price it is good - but compared to other ECU's its .... crap.

I had a link in my WRX ad it was good for what it cost me.

In regard to fuel point and ignition points for tunablity its crap compared to Motec, Autronics and even Apexi. It also lacks fuel correction for air temp, full throttle, closed throttle etc,,,

Link is crap - dont awaste your time or money - keep saving for a better ecu.

Check out the ECU Matrix here at Perth WRX - shows you a great comparison between the ecu's

http://web3.bekkers.com.au/~pwrx/phpBB2/vi...opic.php?t=6121

Daniel

The thing with the link - and i really noticed it compared to my mates wrx with a motec m800 is drivability really is worlds apart.

Because the motec has so many load points the tuning ability is miles ahead.

Smoother driving, etc all very noticable. But the way you could really tell is in first gear my mate can take his 98 wrx upto about 80/85km (has a holinger dogbox) - and then take his foot straight off the peddle - and the car would smoothly decellaratedown in revs and speed with suck utter smoothness - i was amazing. Take my link ecu wrx up to 70 and take foot of in first and it would roughly come down and hive you that inital jerk ...

Miles apart.

The thing with the link - and i really noticed it compared to my mates wrx with a motec m800 is drivability really is worlds apart.

Because the motec has so many load points the tuning ability is miles ahead.

Smoother driving, etc  all very noticable.  But the way you could really tell is in first gear my mate can take his 98 wrx upto about 80/85km (has a holinger dogbox) - and then take his foot straight off the peddle - and the car would smoothly decellaratedown in revs and speed with suck utter smoothness - i was amazing.  Take my link ecu wrx up to 70 and take foot of in first and it would roughly come down and hive you that inital jerk ...

Miles apart.

This is something i notice straight away, and it really tells the story as to whether a car has been tuned properly for driveability.

i NEVER had this issue with my LINK when it was tuned properly.

One thing that rings true though is that my car chews through fuel, and runs extremely rich.

But thats fine by me, last thing i want is the thing running lean... i cant expect a car with 300+rwhp to be decent on fuel. :cheers: