SAU Community

Rattles caused by Sub's in 33's

R33_Cam

i have 2 12" subs in the boot of my 33, and am just wanting to know if anyone has had problems with rattles, i turn the bass up a bit and the whole boot area sounds like its gonna rattle to pieces, some was coming from the number plate, thats easy to stop, but it seems as though the rest in coming from the rear bumper, anyone know how to fix all these rattles???

:D

Cam.

Guest GR33DyMANGO

maybe fill the holes and gaps with silicone. but do NOT use space invader!!!

using space invader will totally destroy your car. im talking from a bad experience.

hey Cam,

I have 2 12"s (Pioneer) in my car, they're laying down... (facing up) and they dont rattle everything in my car like you describe....

just the back of my chair really... nothing too rattly... i'm quite impressed with the quality of the skyline in that respect.. my sonata was a real baked-bean tin before i sound-deadened the whole thing...

and DONT use space invader/selleys expanding filler.. or ANYTHING like that... sticks to paint and carpet/boot mouldings.... i learnt from my mistakes also :D

mine face backwards towards the rear of the car, maybe thats why??

it doesnt effect the sound inside the car, it still sounds good, but outside sounds shocking, rattle rattle rattle, all the time!! mite have to take the bumper off and have a closer look, cause if i put pressure on the bumper (the bit below the panel which says "skyline") most of the rattle dissapears.

Cam.

Umm i really dunno what it does to damage it. i had 2 BMF crossfire 15's in my old lancer gsr and i ripped out the spare etc and then sprayed away woohoo then stuck the floor over it with the subs on top so that the floor didnt move and when i lifted it off it was fantastic and solid and no rattles. the vibrating just got lost somewhere. mind you the car is sold now and the subs got stolen so if the boot falls out, well.... i hope it doesn't lol

I have a square kicker at the moment in the smallest ass box and it sits in the right hand corner of the boot near the tail light side etc and it doesnt rattle (it isnt connected though) haha

i would recommend these to anyone who wants to save space in their boot cos it uses almost jack nothing space and the kickers are fairly evil little things these solo barics. but the box size is amazingly small. i tried to move the battery to the left and stick it in there but it just didnt make it. DANG!!!! that wouldda been too neat.

anyways what kinda bad expereinces have you guys had with space invader stuff. In my first car the can exploded and got stuck on everything. is this the type of stuff you are talking about???

interested to hear the disasters hey

RiaZ

I have 2 x 12" sub in custom fibreglass boxes on each side of the boot facing each other and I also get rear bumper rattles.

I am with Cam on this that it sounds perfect inside but outside it sounds like the bumper is going to fall off. If anyone knows how to fix this don't be shy. Post it PLEASE.

Guest GR33DyMANGO
Originally posted by rs73

What does space invader actually does to ruin the car?

yer mate it DEFINATELY ruins your car. believe me im talking with too much experience. just ask jimih how badly was car boot was stuffed up!

basically it pries open the joins between different parts in your car. DONT use any kind of expanding foam.

just trust me... PLEAAAAAAAASSSSSSE DONT USE EXPANDING FOAM!

oh yer.. and its IMPOSSIBLE to get off your hands.. especially the finger nails. turps, petrol, you name it i used it to try and get it off my hands. i resorted to surfing 24/7 and it eventually all came off:)

• 2 weeks later...

we have a similar problem in the back of our 32......we have 2x 10inch subs and the plate rattles...but.....in one corner of the boot towards the rear window it rattles like SH!T. I've tried stopping it and it wont...sounds farkin terrible outside aswell. But its only just started doing it......:D

also...if i put a bit of pressure on that specific corner...it stops....its perfect WTF?

also...is it worth putting sound deadener in the boot?

where can i get it in perth and how much does it cost?