SAU Community

RWD Drag Suspension Settings

Clint32

Whats everyones view on the best way to get a High HP rwd car down the strip, doing it the hard way and sticking to manual box and radial tyres, im using BF Goodrich Comp T/A's.

I have a set of Bilstein shocks and some unknown springs and a set of stock shocks and springs now, and fully adjustable arms all round. Im tring to find the best comprimise on the rear between getting enough squat for increased traction and not to much so that the rear camber changes too much. On the front just aiming for some lift so we get weight transfer to the rear.

Ill be looking to get the bilsteins re valved for changes in bump and rebound and getting some springs made up. How much do the shocks affect the stiffnes on the bump and how much is affected by the spring rates ?

Also what afftect will sway bars have? i have whiteline bars on but my thoght was seeing we are going in a stright line and wont both the left and right sides to behave the same they will have little affect and if i remove them it may transfew to much to one side only and give major camber changes on that side where it would be under the most load.

Any ideas appreciated and what others have found through trying different things, cheers

I still need help here please

Looking at getting some HR coilovers that have damping adjustment and then getting some different springs made with softer rate to fine tune the set up, will the shocks have suitable adjustment for drag work when using softer springs? The sprigs supplied are front 8 kg/mm and rear 6 kg/mm, so would get two different softer rear springs to start and go from there, any opinions

I've also got the same questions. I've bought a full set of stock suspension to use instead of my coilovers and have all adjustable suspension arms. Plan on using Comp T/As, Yoko A048s or MT radials.

AFAIK its not wise to change the spring rates in aftermarket coilovers as the coilover is calibrated for that stiffness (i'm sure someone can explain better). You're better off getting your stock suspension redone to 90/10 front and 10/90 rears.

Ok thanks look the goods are they any better then the BF comp T/As but, they appear to be a very sticky tyre and certainly fill the guards with lots off rubber from my small burnouts but i can spin then up so easy.

What setup do you have slapper and any qtr times?