SAU Community

Piston's what type are good

Hey i just read a thread of those pistions going bomb aries i believe...

Um they were the one's i was going to put in,

Not buying them now.

what should i go for and how much am i looking at.

And i do know that they did suffer because of poor tuning but i want strong.

what thread is that?

there are 100's of RB's running around with Arias pistons man.

Lots of cars here in Vic including mine. No problems.

As im sure you would know, no piston will last if you have detonation.

I had a set of forgies made up by SPS (special piston service) in victoria, they were good cost about $1100 for four, took em a couple of weeks to make them. That was when i had my ta22 celica with the 3tgte, dam that was a fun car hehehe

Trev

have any of you guys look at hks from greenline ~$1390 plus shipping not bad for a very good pistons, as i'm current concidering which piston to buy myself. And i to have seen a few set of arias fail (mainly the rings) and a nasty looking set of cracked veriola's to.

have any of you guys look at hks from greenline ~$1390 plus shipping not bad for a very good pistons, as i'm current concidering which piston to buy myself. And i to have seen a few set of arias fail (mainly the rings) and a nasty looking set of cracked veriola's to.

Peter, I'm pretty sure that HKS and other Jap branded pistons are made by one of the US manufacturers anyway.

Peter, I'm pretty sure that HKS and other Jap branded pistons are made by one of the US manufacturers anyway.

I have no idea where there made but buying a Japanese name brand like HKS,TOMEI,TRUST etc gives you a good guaranty of quality as there name rides on it and everything i have seen from them have been premo quality. But if your trying to say that Arias are the same pistons as HKS, cos there made in the USA i think your sadly mistaken. America make some awesome engine components and at the other end of the scale some s..t stuff as well, so where its made doesn't worry me more the quality of it.

Again this is only my opinion cheers

:)

So r32-gts when is the gtr going to see the track it must be getting dirty in the shed by now :)

I agree with you totally...anything from HKS, Tomei, JUN, NISMO, Turst etc that I have ever seen has been excellent quality. Actually, I don't think I have seen anything

(not just car parts) from Japan that weren't the best around.

But...a couple of years ago when I was enquiring about pistons for an RB26, I was told that a couple of the Jap brands pistons were made by Arias. (Nick Arias wouldn't tell me which ones for obvious reasons) I haven't even seen an HKS piston, so I don't know if it was them or not. It would just be annoying paying 500bucks for 6 HKS logs...that's all.

the guy who built my engine said that Arias made some of the best pistons he had ever seen...

one thing to note tho... the clearances listed on the instructions maybe a little big, you may want to run a slightly smaller clearance... ie mine were done to the specs on the sheet and it is pretty noisy on cold start up etc

but I agree with the comments here... just pick a tried and tested brand and you can't go wrong

all forged piston wont suvive detonation, check out the link in the sig!

Is that ur pistons for sale or 1 of the many other ones they blew up?

So u still got 11 billionkw@wheels with stock rb25 injectors and a healthy engine???