SAU Community

R32 GTR in the next 2 years or maybe 1.5 years

Ok well i just payed 27,000 for my r32 GTR 90 modle, the mods it had are cat back exhaust and a turbo timer, it also had bilstein suspension and r33 gtr wheels etc. I hear you all going shit you payed a bit, but i payed what i thought it was worth. I got my car imported through SVI in brisbane Mick is great he does every thing for you, all you have to do is wait, which was not long only 8 weeks from going there picking a car and driving away. And i now hear you going well i got mine for 20,000 well good on you but i can garantee mine is in far better condition and, i had a look at the stock list that prestige and 101 had and to be honest its all shit. They dont even give a crap if the car doesnt drive good or if it doesnt pass compliance, all they do is go heres you car have fun. Trust me if your really after a nice lookign well looked after GTR i highly recommend SVI there number is 07 3865 8999. And if i was you id be spending upwards of 25k to get a decent one. Just my 3 cents

i recommend you spend the next two years driving like a granny to get your insurance rating up and saving enough to afford full comprehensive.

He who cannot afford full comprehensive should not buyeth an R32 GTR. Not meaning to offend you, but a GTR is not a car for tightwads, as the costs of maintaining one are a LOT more than a regular skyline. Plus if you hit someone in your car then you'll have to pay em, AND if somone steals your car you'll get a cup of coffee 3 grand and a pat on the back.

He who cannot afford full comprehensive should not buyeth an R32 GTR. Not meaning to offend you, but a GTR is not a car for tightwads, as the costs of maintaining one are a LOT more than a regular skyline. Plus if you hit someone in your car then you'll have to pay em, AND if somone steals your car you'll get a cup of coffee 3 grand and a pat on the back.

I have my GTR, im 19 but its not that i cant afford comprehensive its just that im not stupid enough to pay comprehensive. Its a load of shit what they ask for a person my age well not really considering some of the f*&k wits that go around. I just go with covering the other persons car if i hit someone. As for some bogan without insurance hitting me. I guess i just have to take that chance to drive the car i had my first wet dream about...

As for planning for your car. It never goes to plan. When you have the money in your pocket and you can afford all the problems that come with owning a GTR, buy one. I spent 9 months with 30k in my account looking for my car. Maybe too long but it was worth it. I had heaps of bugs with it coming from japan and it cost $2000 just to get it to go good with all its stupid LITTLE but EXPENSIVE faults. I also said that i'd leave it the way it is. But now i have a new bottom end comming, turbos e.t.c. things NEVER stay to plan. you can never have enough ponys!!!

I hear you all going shit you payed a bit, but i payed what i thought it was worth And i now hear you going well i got mine for 20,000 well good on you but i can garantee mine is in far better condition and, i had a look at the stock list that prestige and 101 had and to be honest its all shit

Dude, I hope that comment was'nt directed at me..?

As I reeeally dont care what 'you' or 'anyone' pays for there GTR as long as they are happy with it...!..? nor do I judge anyone by it.

I also had a budget of $25000 to bring a GTR into OZ and was quite prepared to pay it, but as it happens I found one that suited me perfectly for under $20000 landed (From Auction not current stock ;) )

http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/photopost...500&ppuser=2456

Looks in OK nick to me.......?

thats true,guys lets not fight..well i would be having third party fire and theft...tell me whats the problems with GTRs....only neg things i heard are the brakes even if they are 33 brakes and their attessa...and front control arm part breaking...as i know/heard some ppl getting into accidents because of that and forgot the engine rebuilds cost a shitload in parts

how much is it for a n1 oil pump again i if i recall its 700 dollars correct me if im wrong but thats the same price as a say VN v6 engine or a series5 gearbox

• 4 weeks later...
I must be in Dreamworld then!..?

From the pictures I've been sent mine seems to be in great cond for under 20G's :thumbsup:

Mechanically I can not comment as yet...but i'm planning on doing plenty of mods anyway so really dont give a rats :)

You both have good points!

to get a non flogged out GTR for 20k is aking way too much!

maybe in condition of interiour and shit like that, but the poor old RB26dett will be SAD! I know for a fact that the japs dont let GTRs leave unless they have good reason to sell them.

but yeah on the same hand if you are willing to get a GTR that in good nick in looking good, and ya going to spend the money on it to get her all healthy well go for it !! 20k is a good deal!

kezza :)

tell me whats the problems with GTRs....only neg things i heard are the brakes even if they are 33 brakes and their attessa...and front control arm part breaking...as i know/heard some ppl getting into accidents because of that

I don't know what you've heard about R32 brakes but my old R32's brakes were awesome! I out braked a Porsche 927 going into turn 1 at EC and consistantly outbrake S15's into corners. Most of the time it's worn out seals in the Nissan brake calipers that are the culprit. And as for ATESSA, that's driver error. People stack it because they lift off when the car's side ways. ATESSA works with the throttle down when sideways. The computer will tell the front wheels to pull. There's a thread about it.

But as others said, it is an expensive car to maintain and own. How you cover it is entirely up to you.

ive heard from word of mouth about from people and from a person who has a GTR who has had a accident

There is nothing wrong with GTR brakes at all. If anything, skyline brakes (across the series) are very well matched for well above the factory power. If he has had an accident, and blaming the brakes, then :)