SAU Community

What happens if you never replace your brake pads (Photos inside)

Bozz

I blew my diff up the other day and got another to replace it with.

Here are the pictures of the brakes that the previous owner of the car thought was simply "a worn gearbox making all the noise"

disc1.jpg

disc2.jpg

disc3.jpg

disc4.jpg

Min thickness stamped on the disc is 8.4mm

I'm changing my brakes soon!!!

Still waiting delivery of front EBC brake pads, as it will be in stock Tuesday. Apparently EBC pads are made in England....

EBC?? :D

Get used to the squeaking,

i got them on my car and i think there absolutely crap....

sorry for any1 that's using them and liking them, but i rekcon there crap.

sorry

Donnie

I have AP Street Sport pads on my car, they were suppost to be low dust, but I think it would be impossible for them to produce more dust. I really want to see the pads, I have a sneaking suspision the mechanics may has stolen those pads, and put crap ones in, dodgy.

Greg. :devfu:

Well,

I think EBC is pricewise... If I'm selling my car, the mechanic who does RWC will ask to replace the pads anyway (all of them wanna make money), so I gotta replace pads coz they're almost due.

I can hear metal schreeching a bit when moving forward slightly n applying light brake

yeaowch!

Kinda makes you wonder though when they keep pulling you on "minimum thickness" when u get your brakes replaced when in reality the disc in those photos never shattered after all, even when it was half the recommended!

I can imagine the cool sparks on braking.. dudes would probably just be looking at the sparks flying off going "wtf?"

Yep, some ppl dun deserve to drive a car...

I met someone who bought his R33 +/- 8 months ago from an overseas student who just left the country. The previous owner never even changed the oil since 1999!!!

That's bad....

Spoke to the wrecker again today (Datsall in Lilydale) and he said the front brakes are the vented type and the entire disc on one side of the vents had been ripped off by metal/metal contact.

• 1 month later...
Originally posted by Bozz

I blew my diff up the other day and got another to replace it with.

Here are the pictures of the brakes that the previous owner of the car thought was simply "a worn gearbox making all the noise"

disc1.jpg  

disc2.jpg  

disc3.jpg  

disc4.jpg  

Min thickness stamped on the disc is 8.4mm

hahahahaha

but.. ur lucky u werent in an accident