SAU Community

fuel tank caps...

sniffy

:lol:

lmao thats pretty funny...

cant u just use the ones from kmart or repco or whatever?

like the one i got for my gfs which is universal and fits almost any car? like 24 dollars or something like that

well i didnt know if those places sold them:( i would prefer one from a skyline but im easy...as long as it does its job properly...i dont mind spending money, but getting ripped is really starting to frustrate me...thats why you guys are here to double check with;)

Originally posted by inark

like the one i got for my gfs which is universal and fits almost any car? like 24 dollars or something like that

even better, go to the petrol station and buy the $5 emergancy use only orange plastic one :D

Originally posted by sniffy

lol...or just use a cork...maybe a rag cloth (hehe molotov ****tail on wheels....)

lol at the editing of c**ktail

and im pretty sure that cause all the tank filler thingy jiggos have to be converted to the same nozzle thingy jigger me thing that they are all the same....

if someone definately knows better feel free to slap me d00n!! :D as i am merely using my twisted logic to try and figure it out hehe

Originally posted by inark

I tired buying one from Autobarn as i thought the same, but it still leaks air and sometimes petrol. So i figure the original one should fit better. :confused:

Those universals are meant as emergency only... I remember having one when I was going for a cane through the hills....

Then I looked out side mirror on a hard left and saw petrol POURING out the flap..... heheheh good thing I don't smoke :lol:

Originally posted by Dr_Drift

Those universals are meant as emergency only... I remember having one when I was going for a cane through the hills....

Then I looked out side mirror on a hard left and saw petrol POURING out the flap..... heheheh good thing I don't smoke :lol:

hmmm...starting to like my cork idea! my cap is one of those clicky ones but it seems to click before its really tight?

$10 seems okay...skyline33...can you beat that??? (no im not a tight ass:shake: :D )

I think there is a common issue here that we may be overlooking.

Mine too [r34] seems to leak out some air, i notice it after i have been driving. Ie switched off motor etc. Is it our fuel?, octane? Humidity? Why does there seem to be a leaking of fumes? It's a little odd to me. It almost appears to be an issue that should be addressed when complianced, me thinks :zap:

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• Latest Posts

• Hi all, I need to get this HKS SLD attached to my stock ECU because I've now got the German autobahn and faster European circuits to contend with.  The car is a manual 2dr ER34 with an AT ECU and I've realised the AT ECU has two pins for speed sensor signals: Pin 29: Vehicle speed sensor signal (Vehicle speed sensor 2) Pin *58: Output shaft rotation sensor signal (Vehicle speed sensor 1) - *RB25DET A/T model only Before I go butchering this harness, is anyone sure of which pin is the correct one for signal adjustment? The attached document from HKS indicates pin 29 but I found this situation mentioned in the following thread on a different forum (R34 GTT Auto Trans Speed Cut Problem | Zerotohundred) mentioning pin 58 needing to be altered by member zephuros, albeit it seems to be for an RSM-GP and the info appears to be old.  R34_All_Workshop_Manual-pages-2.pdf R34_All_Workshop_Manual-pages-3.pdf R34_All_Workshop_Manual-pages-1.pdf HKS SLD Vehicle Pin out P59-P70 ER34-pages.pdf
    • Embrace the freedom of casual encounters on the best dating app in town! Verified Maidens Superlative Сasual Dating
    • Slimline sub on the rear parcel shelf is doable. Pioneer TS-WX140DA is only 70mm high.   
    • People like Johnny Dose Bro might be laughing at my post because I accidentally added 100mm to my numbers. 350-355 is indeed the lower limit. 450 is off-road Skyline spec.
    • What is the "compromise" that you think will happen? Are you thinking that something will get damaged? The only things you have to be concerned about with spherical jointed suspension arms are; Arguments with the constabulary wrt their legality (they are likely to be illegal for road use without an engineering certificatation, and that may not be possible to obtain). A lot more NVH transmitted through to the passengers (which is hardly a concern for those with a preference for good handling, anyway). Greatly increased inspection and maintenance requirements (see above points, both).   It is extremely necessary to ask what car you are talking about. Your discussion on strut tops, for example, would be completely wrong for an R chassis, but be correct for an S chassis. R32s have specific problems that R33/4 do not have. Etc. I have hardened rubber bushes on upper rear control arms and traction rods. Adjustable length so as to be able to set both camber and bump steer. You cannot contemplate doing just the control arms and not the traction arms. And whatever bushing you have in one you should have in the other so that they have similar characteristics. Otherwise you can get increased oddness of behaviour as one bushing flexes and the other doesn't, changing the alignment between them. I have stock lower rear arms with urethane bushes. I may make changes here, these are are driven by the R32's geometry problems, so I won't discuss them here unless it proves necessary. I have spherical joints in the front caster rods. I have experienced absolutely no negatives and only positives from doing so. They are massively better than any other option. I have sphericals in the FUCAs, but this is driven largely by the (again) R32 specific problems with the motion of those arms. I just have to deal with the increased maintenance required. Given how much better the front end behaves with the sphericals in there.....I'd probably be tempted to go away from my preference (which is not to have sphericals on a road car, for 2 of the 3 reasons in the bulleted list above), just to gain those improvements. And so my preference for not using sphericals (in general) on a road car should be obvious. I use them judiciously, though, as required to solve particular problems.