SAU Community

Can Weber get up tonight?

Roy

i think it may be only you in this case cause it was the tyre wall not being strong enough on the high speed and downforce ring corner - its not a normal tyre discussion between bridgestone and michelin in this case

• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks like everyone has their own opinion on who's at fault. Whatever the case, I think this incident will spark the downfall of F1. Won't be surprised if GPWC really starts in 2008. We might have a race in Adelaide!

Not sure if this is just me but I think F1 has gone down this year these rules and regulations they have put in place have kinda ruined it, its just far to controled now.

Its all about safety they say, I dont see how cars driving around on bold blisted tyres that could blow at any time is very safe..

Away from the USGP joke for a moment, BMW have aquired Sauber for 2006! BMW are going to build engine and chassis, no surprise since they're not happy with the Grove based squad. Looks like Australia is going to have to wait longer for another Aussie F1 king... :)

Is it only me who reckons michelin would be talking about their superiority if this tyre had pulled it off and won the race??

All race teams walk the line- some times you pull it off and  sometimes it ends like the Canadian GP.

No Kel im with you on that one!

Will be interesting to see what happens with Williams from here on! will Toyota Honda or even Renault want to supply them with engines seeing as Williams could possibly steal their thunder? I think Williams will use Cosworth engines

Don't forget Cosworth is powering the Red Bulls cars and they're doing a good job. Miniardi are slow, not cause of the Cosworth motor, it's the chassis that's lacking. But what do you expect when they're got a small budget.

Hmm yer they are nothing special though, mayb with a large amount of R&D money poured into them then mayb it could have some potential. Their is not much of an option though, BMW said they would still supply an engine for Williams next year, but their is talk of a possibility of a Toyota engine. I think the main problem is that with the BMW and Toyota engines they will not have exclusive rightes which they will need to be succesful and win the championship. I just want to see Webber win races and possibily a championship in the future!

i highly doubt toyota will sell them engines. 2 reasons. 1 want to beat williams in championship. 2. don't need the cash. honda may be tempted but i doubt they'll do it either. cosworth will be the most likely option.

But, on the other hand, Toyota could do with the extra team to aid their engine development/testing and also to get some economies of scale in their own factory. Signing up an engine deal with Williams isn't as far fetched as some people may believe.

And for the record, the Cosworth engines aren't half bad. If you take a look at the speed trap figures for some of the races this year, Minardi are right up there (even surpassing the BMW's on several occassions). Just a shame the things can't go round corners too well.

Tomorrow should be an interesting day...who know's what punishment the FIA will hand out to the 7 Michelin teams???

And for the record, the Cosworth engines aren't half bad. If you take a look at the speed trap figures for some of the races this year, Minardi are right up there (even surpassing the BMW's on several occassions). Just a shame the things can't go round corners too well.

The Cosworth engine seem to be doing a reasonable job, but the top end speed is probably helped by the fact that Minardi run jack all downforce???? Perhpas liek the Arrows cars were always pretty quick in a straight line.?!?!?

The Cosworth engine seem to be doing a reasonable job, but the top end speed is probably helped by the fact that Minardi run jack all downforce???? Perhpas liek the Arrows cars were always pretty quick in a straight line.?!?!?

nail on head. I think ecrs point about toyato getting development value out of a williams deal is true, but fact is they would be more likely to do that with someone like minardi, or jordan etc. ie. someone who is not fighting with them for the top 5 constructors positions.

hmmm, Williams 16 & 17th in practice despit ethe fatc they didnt have any problems. Come on Sam Michael, pull your finger out you UTS pu55ie and give them drivers some decent equipment. Its the halfway point in the championship and the cars seem to be losing speed:(

I suppose we will have to wait and see how qualifying goes...in hindsight im thankful DC went to Red Bull, he is probably doing more good for himself in that team then if had lucked out and got a seat with Williams. Give him Montoyas car for a weekend with the Red Bull team management and he will show up Montoya and be able to match Kimi:)

...rant , rant , rant:)

hmmm, Williams 16 & 17th in practice despit ethe fatc they didnt have any problems. Come on Sam Michael, pull your finger out you UTS pu55ie and give them drivers some decent equipment. Its the halfway point in the championship and the cars seem to be losing speed:(

I suppose we will have to wait and see how qualifying goes...in hindsight im thankful DC went to Red Bull, he is probably doing more good for himself in that team then if had lucked out and got a seat with Williams.   Give him Montoyas car for a weekend with the Red Bull team management and he will show up Montoya and be able to match Kimi:)

...rant , rant , rant:)

Gee Roy what a short memory you have!! Kimi kicked DC from pillar to post for the entire time they were teammates. I have to admit that he seems to have found something this year with Red Bull that he didn't show for the last five years of his stint with McLaren. Still don't rate him though.

LOL... you wont get a more one eyed DC fan then me. :(

LOL, im of the opinion that he was a better driver then Mika, but was too much a team player, and by the time that Kimi came round he had already accepted that he was 2nd fiddle and was their for the team. :(

Not that F1 racing magazine isnt without dribble, but there have been a few interesting articles over the years about what happened behind closed doors at McLaren..even at the start of this year a few home truths have come out regarding his time at McLaren. He shoudl have won one of Mika's championships, whether at this point in his career he was faster then Kimi last year is a little more doubtful, if only we could turn back time:)

I have no objections to you being a one-eyed DC fan Roy.

He'd be listed on the papers as my grounds for divorce :mad:

And he's not a bad driver either.......