SAU Community

GTR (series3) HID (Xenon) Bulbs. Where to buy?

Blitz_R33

I cant seem to find any one who sells the replacemens HID bulbs (i also dont know want type of HID bulbs i need). I have look at Autobarn, Supercheap, *cough* k-mart, and even e-bay... No one in brisbane seems to sell them. Does anyone here know ???

• 1 year later...

I was told Bursons want about $280 PER Globe, and Honda wanted nearly $1000 for a set (Same as accord)....

I ended up getting genuine philips D2S from USA the other day, i actually ordered a spare set incase anyone needed some.....

Cool thanks for the reply.

My car was complied in 1999 so I am yet to find out if it has teh factory Xenons or they were converted to Halogens. Since my car has zero lights at the front (aside from indicators) I am yet to find out, I think it is a fuse or perhaps a connection under the dahs? I'll have to find out....

take the bulb out and check .... its easy, should take 2mins.... maybe afew more if you have stuff in the way like me.

Will do, thanks for your help ferni. Only picked it up yesterday so I need to find the time to investigate. Cheers.

Cool thanks for the reply.

My car was complied in 1999 so I am yet to find out if it has teh factory Xenons or they were converted to Halogens. Since my car has zero lights at the front (aside from indicators) I am yet to find out, I think it is a fuse or perhaps a connection under the dahs? I'll have to find out....

It should have the xenons, under the old system they left them alone.

Its a bit suss that they both stopped working, it sounds like a fuse or even the combo switch, not the globes.

Do you have high beams?

To test them you don't even have to take them out , just power them up from any 12 volt battery.

Looks like the bulbs are farked and they are xenons. I have one passengers side high beam, that's it! ;)

The car has done so little kms over the years it has basically been undermaintained in some aspects as the owner didn't bother changing globes since he didn't drive at night! I looked at the globe and they must be xenons, they have what appears to be a little chamber in the globe. Xenons are charged gas right? I assume the chamber is for the gas then? (I may be way off ;) )...

Yeah projector lense with what appears to be xenon bulb and normal halogen high beam.

Of the high beams only the passengers side works... that is the only one of the four that does!

Its only the low beams that are HID, high beams should be hals. You can't see the globe unless you pull it off, they should have projector lens .

what wrxhoon said expecially with testing them with 12V also remember not to touch the bulb itself

How do you change the bulbs on headlights?

I have a busted bulb on my right one.

I have no clue on how to change them.

Till then no driving

Turn the plastic caps HARD and they will pop off. Scrape the fark out of your hand as you get the bulb out. Scrape the fark out of your hard as you replace them, refit caps and it's all done.

My lights still aren't working, haven't replaced the xenon bulbs since I couldn't find any to buy. Drivers side lights do not work at all. I think I my have to pay an auto elect, fuse, bulbs etc. are all OK. Everything appears to be fine... it's got me buggered. So annoying as it is the only thing I have to do before I take it over rego! Currently has no plates on it because it was brought up from Victoria. I'm hanging to drive it!

Turn the plastic caps HARD and they will pop off. Scrape the fark out of your hand as you get the bulb out. Scrape the fark out of your hard as you replace them, refit caps and it's all done.

My lights still aren't working, haven't replaced the xenon bulbs since I couldn't find any to buy. Drivers side lights do not work at all. I think I my have to pay an auto elect, fuse, bulbs etc. are all OK. Everything appears to be fine... it's got me buggered. So annoying as it is the only thing I have to do before I take it over rego! Currently has no plates on it because it was brought up from Victoria. I'm hanging to drive it!

If your globes and fuses are OK then more than likely its the combo switch.

If your globes and fuses are OK then more than likely its the combo switch.

It's making a definite 'clicking' noise from somewhere when the lights are 'on', didn't sound too flash.

Thanks for the advice, I'll do a search on the combo switch. :rolleyes: