SAU Community

where to get rods

im searchin around the net for rods for my rb25det rebuild but cant find any anywhere (except tomei)...any one know some good places that have them for rb25's?

ben...

ben, most of us use GTR rods which should be a straight fit. Should set you back no more that $300 for a set. There may be some machining to ensure proper sizing for the bearing crush, but you'd need that anyway. Then use ACL race bearings. RB30 for the mains and SR20 (1.5 sets) for the big ends. About $140 for the set.

That's a pretty big ask, and mine have certainly been nowhere near that.

I'd even be doubtful the cylinder liners and crank would be long lived at that output although I believe Ash (R31Nismoid) pulled 360rwkw or so at Autosalon with GTR rods.

i just purchased a set for my rb25 buildup.

places i looked to get them were

modyourcar.com - crower $2100

hi octane racing - REV $1700

crower.com - crower $1800 (delivered from usa)

argo (argorace.com.au) - $2100

ended up getting a set of the argo's simply because was unsure of the REV Branded ones and not to sure of what import duty may be involved with getting the crower ones direct from crower in the US.

Really happy with the ARGOs though look awesome and soposed to be good for up to 200hp per cylinder.

oh also looked into PAR rods.

.....not to sure of what import duty may be involved with getting the crower ones direct from crower in the US.

d'oh since 1/1 free trade agreement came in, 0 duty on bits from the US. Still GST of course.

d'oh since 1/1 free trade agreement came in, 0 duty on bits from the US.  Still GST of course.

dude,

is that the case for any/all auto performance parts that come from the U.S?