SAU Community

PowerFc Install Pics R33?

Hiya,

Was installing a PowerFc for my R33 GTR but the ECU doesn't seem to fit in the brackets like the old R32 ones did. Just wondering if anyone had any suggestion or pics of how they mounted the PowerFc behind the kick panel?

with my power FC in the 32GTR I took the bottom off my old ecu (with the brackets on) and swapped it onto the PFC, only two of the screws lines up but at least I was then able to bolt it into position properly. the other option is to use strategically placed velcro. or if you don't mind spending $100 Border Racing in Ome Japan make PFC brackets for most skylines. look very neat but not cheap.

As a tip, before you mount it, put a couple of large zip ties around the ends of the coupling and around the ecu. I recently had heaps of "weird intermitant" problems caused by the coupling having a slight bow in it and losing contact on the ends as it moved around on acceleration and braking.

A cheap insurance to avoid mind numbing problems.

Cheers

cable? there is no cable to a PFC. it's a direct replacement. so you unbolt your old ecu, and put the PFC in it's place. the loom will not easily reach under the seat I wouldn't think. the real question is why would you want the ecu under the seat? whats wrong with the stock location?

• 4 months later...