SAU Community

Spark Plug issues!

RTHRTY3

Its time to change my plugs, and currently i've got a set of NGK BCP6ES-11 in there i think gapped to 0.8 with no probs. Now went to Repco for another set and there told me to get the PFR5G-11 which there don't stock the BCP. On the NGK website the PFR5G-11 are also rocommended. Are these two plugs equivalent to each other? I know one is resistor type and one is not, which ones better?

So anyone used this plugs before and wat are ur opinions?

i just picked up some BCP6ES's from supercheap too.. seemed repco only stocked the iridium/platium variants, and didnt want to order the copper ones for me..

was even more fun for finding plugs for my mates wrx... repco didnt want to know about it, ended up finding some "bosch super 4" plugs from supercheap... look decent (they have 4 prongs i guess.. what ever the bit that bends over the top of the tip is anyway :rofl: ), but havent installed them yet, so no word on performance

I went into Repco on the weekend and they recommended NGK BKR6E which are gapped to 0.8mm.

I dunno if they are any good as they are not installed yet, but i hope they fix my misfire...ever since the SAUWA cruise my 'line misfires at anything over 3500rpm...even after turning down the boost :P

If you skyline is misfire over 3500rpm, do a search on the topic of misfire.

seems it is often the case that the coil packs start sparkin were they shouldnt be.

If you rip out the coil packs you should see a light powdery residue just above the rubber cups which is caused by the smallest of cracks. Just tape it up with insulation tape.

as for spark plugs, mine came with iridium NGK bcpr5IX-11

And the reason being to resist :talk2hand the resistor? lol

Oh yea found the BCP6ES-11 at $uper Cheap.

ta

It has actually been known for Supercheap to stock car parts.

They are cheap there. Don't muck about with people telling you to use other wise the NGK BCP6ES-11 for the RB25 are the go and cheap as well.

It has actually been known for Supercheap to stock car parts.

They are cheap there. Don't muck about with people telling you to use other wise the NGK BCP6ES-11 for the RB25 are the go and cheap as well.

Ilija! Long time no post buddy!

P.S. The NGK BCP6ES (without the -11) come pre gapped at 0.8 :D

thanx for the replies guys. looks like i'm gonna stick to the BCP6ES and still b gapping it to 0.8

ta  :stupid:

at 0.8 you will loose power but keep the spark going....top revs will feel a bit flat

With biger gap you will burn better but sparkies won't last as long.....

So if you have a bit of money get iridium ones and go for 11