SAU Community

i got defected! =[

henzie

what about Evos that come with fmic standard ????

cause more injuries ???? what about the massive bullbars hanging off 4WDs ????

im pretty sure they would do A LOT more damage then a fmic will in the event of an accident.....but oh well what can we do hey ??

good luck getting them cleared...

find a mechanic u know and ask him to write a letter of approval.Sayin the defects have been changed, then show to rta_i think.Next time give em a run 4 ur money we need more police chases.I have escaped twice. Floor it & turn corners!

Next time give em a run 4 ur money we need more police chases.I have escaped twice. Floor it & turn corners!

That has got to be one of the most stupid posts I've ever read.

Do us all a favour and sell your Skyline before you kill someone.

Seriously...it's people like you who give the rest of us a bad name.

Are all BOV illegal ? i didnt know they were illegal

Venting to atmosphere BOV's are considered illegal because of the increased noise they make. Thats what the RTA inspector said. However if you have a plumback BOV these are theoretically not illegal because they are not noisy. So no not all BOV's are illegal.

Same goes for pod filters, these are deemed illegal also because of the increase noise they make from induction roar.

Front mount intercoolers, well thats just bull, unless they protrude outwards from the front bar, so if they are sticking out past the front bar they would be deemed illegal. Just like rocket launcher rod holders or extra lights on a 4wd bullbar cannot now stick out past the bullbar.

Fog lights on during daylight hours is a gay rule. How many cars do you know of like Volvo's have lights on, from the factory during the day as this is deemed safer so why these are illegal I don't know other than to raise more revenue.

My advice would be to cop it sweet from the cops then debate the issue later, even go to an engineer to get your mods approved and keep the engineer report in the car, then stick it in the cops face "without" saying anymore.

Ride height is a min of 100mm. Its must be able to pass over a 100mm object from front to rear under the car otherwise its deemed illegal so yes you have to be able to drive your car over that object without touching.

Hope this helps

Cheers

Are all BOV illegal ? i didnt know they were illegal

nope!! only aftermarket ones.. i think if its the stock bov and its plumbed back you're fine... i'm not sure about aftermarket ones that are plumbed back... as long as its not venting to atmo you should be sweet!

Front mount intercoolers, well thats just bull, unless they protrude outwards from the front bar, so if they are sticking out past the front bar they would be deemed illegal. Just like rocket launcher rod holders or extra lights on a 4wd bullbar cannot now stick out past the bullbar.

ok.. just saw R2HKS' post! oops!

about the fmic.. i was defect for mine.. the reasons are for what R2HKS has said, plus because it can change your emissions levels.... i was told to pass an emissions test to keep fmic....

what happen to freedom of speech if u wannna lay down n die then do so ,me im gonna fly .Old tmer can u remember y u bought a skyline?

Good thing there is no protection for free speech in Australia (except parliamentary privledge, but I'm guessing that probably doesn't apply to you).

LW.

There is no freedom of speech on this board. And many others. If the mods don'y like what you said they'll delete it. I am surprised Nick hasn't yet.

Yeah I'm starting to realise this now. I'm new here this is only the second thread I have posted in and the 1st thread I posted in Bel Performance vs Croydon's Racing Development in the NSW forum has now been deleted. That's just weak, apol's for the

Cheers

Um... no - hes right RIK34RGTT i agree with Mason

Thats pretty pathetic..

And henzie if the cops wher making up all those issues eg, loud exhaust then thats really not cool. But if they are too loud i guess their just doing their job dude.

comon guys give the guy a break...if you dont live in sydney west(near liverpool or fairfield area) you wont know....there is cops everywhere they are now out in force and r defecting anything and everthing that they dont like anything that is not standard even tho the mod is to rta standard you will need engineer certi.......i know this have happen ever since..some other f**ker car ass f***....... it up for all of us...now the cop are upset and are on to everyone else...

i also got defect for non standard FMI, non standard exhaust, non standard pod filter...even tho i have my pod filter box up, my exhaust is very soft.. since then i got my car engineer and my axhaust turn out to be only 77db!!!!!!!!!..i was been nice and respectfull to the officer during the time of defect........

well last friday i drive from fairfield to liverpool KK in my camry....i saw 8 cop cars in less then 15 mins!!!...dam...... so everyone just take care... pls try to avoid the area the on friday, sat nite..