SAU Community

Hi all.

I recently had my crank angle sensor out for sum head repairs and make a mistake of jaming the CAS and breaking the guide bit that makes sure it goes back in the right spot.

My question is were is the bit located?? on the CAS or the cam itself?? We had to keep pulling of the CAS and spin it until the car ran so i could get it home.

Thanks in advance :P:D:D:D

This is a real pain in the ass. Theres a guide on the camshaft and the ignition unit. My cas was not mounted completely square and this broke off the CAS key. U are reable to mount it but u must get it completely right. Turn the engine over until u can get the marks on the cam to line up 0 and 180 degrees. then with the ignition unit line it up the opposite. make sure u get it as close as possible. DO NOT twist or turn at all until it slides all the way on. By factory settings the whole unit should sit at 15 degrees.

Thanks for the reply

So does that mean if car is at 15 degrees it means all is good?? According to FC car idles at about 15-17 degrees. I cant check with a timing light as I have no lower timing belt cover to go off :(

Also car occasionally makes a loud pop when I shut it off, Ocasionally it wont rev unless i change timing on hand controller. (i once had to take 12 degrees out to get it to run) and sometimes it runs fine.