SAU Community

R32 Aircon

$ballin$

Hey peoples,

I have an R32 gts-t with climate control....now the aircon works like a breeze and cools excellent aswell, however lately it has been playing up.

While the a/c is turned on after a while the air goes warm and i mean warm.

i dont think its the climate control adjusting the temp because the air coming out is very warm.

when i switch it off and turn if on again after awhile it cools great again....does anyone have a clue what needs to be done? is it just a simple re-gassing or something more?

cheers

There is a clutch in the compressor which basically engages and disengages from the drive mechanism (basically the belt pulley) to turn it on or off. Basically like a standard engine clutch.

• 3 months later...

I know this is a really old post but I just thought I'd let you peeps know that I recently pulled my aircon compressor off and took it to a guy in Milperra ( NSW ) who replaced the electro-magnetic clutch for $120 ( including labour ). Add to that the cost of re-gassing the A/C system after installation ( usually around $80 ) and you have a $200 total :D Not bad when you consider that a NEW A/C compressor from NISSAN will set you back more than $1,200

Do your homework and it will pay off BIG TIME like it did for me.... It took me a couple of months to find this guy but well worth it :D

• 6 months later...

For those interested -- and for the sake of propagating the guide in a few related threads so its easy to find with the search facility -- here is a guide for removing the windings in-situ on an R32 GT-R (I imagine its much the same across the R32 series and probably for 33s and 34s).

http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/in...howtopic=112597