SAU Community

Antilag Addon System

Kaido_RR

hey,

Just wondering if anyone has one of these systems on there car, Ive being doing some research and find you can grab system which plug into the stock ecu and does watever it does and gives your car antilag.

Im interested in buying one but with the digrams etc only in jap, i think it will be alittle hard to install unless someone else has done it before. Also the one im looking at buying looks like its to suit gtr not gts-t, thou they all look the same (rb25,26,sr20) i guess its just different were u plug it in the ecu

here what the addon looks like

iic-460.jpeg

http://www.techtom.co.jp/NFiic.html

cheers Michael

Edit: Should have post this in the 1st place but please if you dont have anything to say relating to the topice please dont post, as im only looking for info thanks :)

Bam using a free online translator i come up with this;

It is not fuel cut, cutting the ignition signal

By doing rpm of the engine

It controls, ignition cutting type

With accelerator full opening start waiting

Especially being effective to drag race and when etc. starting ゼロヨン, it can start wait when you apply way and the boost which are accelerator full opening.

In addition, during start waiting, fine control of setting rpm is possible

Actualizing high accuracy control

As you use high performance 16 bitCPU inside the substance, you control securely at setting rpm by doing texture small-scale control at high accuracy, decrease such as strange noise vibration was made possible.

In addition, with 6 cylinder engines the cylinder distinction possible vehicle keeps cutting ignition to 6th from order, because (the for NISSAN Mitsubishi), burden is not applied on the engine. You can use for also the engine of distributor type of 4 cylinders.

3 mode sets which are adjusted to circumstance

At the time of start waiting and be able to set the rpm which is in the midst of travelling separately, the function which changes setting rpm automatically with vehicle speed pulse, is had.

Considering the wheel spin when starting, it can adjust setting rpm change timing.

Because it has the external trigger terminal, change is possible in 3rd setting rpm by adding the manual switch and the like.

In addition MDM-100 private alarm unit is used as an option, at the time of ignition cutting sound also it is possible to inform with light.

bam from my understanding *warning read at your own risk i could most likly be wrong but im giving it a try*

Antilag itself doe the following retarding ignition timing so far as to cause the exhaust valve to open well into the power cycle, resulting in extremely hot and explosive gases rushing past the turbine, spinning the turbo up therefor reduing lag.

by the uses of cutting the ignition signal, the system is able to do the following, and i guess by setting a rpm, it means that when downshifting or upshifting if u are above a set amount (lets say 3000rpm) the antilag will engaged

again i could be wrong

Now of course this would eat a normal rb25 turbo wheel in a few seconds, but after seeing a mate running antilag on his wrx with no problem (and have been running it for along time) im sure a steel wheel turbo would be able to handle the heat aslong as it isnt constant over along perido of time (example 3hr cruise constantly stopping upshifting),

Edit: After thinking about it depending really on how hot the gasses (if anyone has any idea please post), i can calucated, if a steel wheel turbo would be able to handle the heat and for how long; after doing some study for material sciences i think it would be highly unlike that the gases would be hot enough to damage the material steel but again its depends of the type,grade etc etc

just did some quick caluction:

Stainless Steel Grade 430 (avg s/s not sure if uses in turbo);

at temp 400 degress, the Tensile Strength drops to 430MPa,

at temp 750 degress, the Tensile Strength drops to 50Mpa,

-Now this is only at short time, which would apply to the antilag system as it would only be working say on a street-car; maybe once every 1min, given the steel afair amount of time to cool down again and with the air directed onto the wheel (through the pod) it should be able to reach a safe temp before the next brust of gases hit it

Edit:

AFter checking out my Material Sciences Book,i found some good news about Ceramic Materials

It states one of its main properties is: Refractoriness, or their ability to withstand very high temperatures.

depending on the ceramic material itself it has a melting point from 2050 to 2690 degress

• 3 weeks later...

had one of these on my old car, is not an antilag system, it is purely for building boost without load on the engine, ie staging at drag strip, you can launch at full boost at whatever revs u set it at. the two stage thing also lets u have a lower rev limit for launching and then once your speed reaches a certain value the rev limit is raised to the second setting.

makes cool flames and pops but only usefull at drag strip as u aren't meant to use it with a catalytic converter.