SAU Community

R33 boot fit out

SIK R33

Hi Everyone

I am a new boy on the block still trying to find my way round this site.this is my first post so who knows what will come out.

At 44 I decided that restoring a sad and sorry looking 1994 R33 couldnt be that hard!could it?Yeah right.

It was my very first attempt at any thing like this and just to make it really interesting I did it at the same time as restoring a 1989 300zx.

Would really appreciate if you the people who would know ,could give me any feedback on its credibility and appearance with both the young and the older ones .The whole project was done with the intension of it being different to any other R33 Id seen and with the 300zx as well.photos of rest of project will be posted when I find were to put them on the site.

dont forget Be gentle it was my first attempt. Hope you like

Thanks

:thumbsup: very nice mate.

- rear clears are siik

- boot install is siik

- gts badge is a good touch

- not a fan of metal checkered floor plates.

but good work!

That is very nice. I love the dash, the dials, the tail lights, the deep dish, the boot setup also.

Did you do these mods yourself?

How much has it set you back so far if you dont mind my asking?

looks very nice I do like the mable effect on the dash I am doing a harlequin type dash blue/purple/green and have blue saude gear and E brake covers and that is about it at the moment... but well done the car is coming along nicely what are your plans for retrimming the interior or leaving it stock

those clear rear lights look hot!

love the interior too..

if you dont mond me asking, how much did it cost for the clear lights, and it is just clear replacements for the red ones, and red bulbs? or was other items needed?

Nice to see someone put some love back into their car.

Seem to recall reading here, that you need to keep the red reflectors in the tail light to keep it legal. So all clear might run you into trouble, tho there prolly some other things in there to keep cops busy =)

• 2 weeks later...
:mad: very nice mate.

- rear clears are siik

- boot install is siik

- gts badge is a good touch

- not a fan of metal checkered floor plates.

but good work!

Thanks Eug

Rear Clears are "Rare Clears" as well.Took forever to source and I`m in process of manufacturing some local as the cost to import was just over the top.Only downside is the light given is not a bright red and we will make with LED`s instead of globes.

Boot install took some work to fit in while keeping the space saver spare wheel and work around the battery.Subs are 10inch and the amps are piggy backed so underneath the visual one its brother sits total of 3800w driving the subs and 4 hertz speakers and 4 hertz tweeters in the cabin.Watching a DVD in the car is more fun than the village cinema .

GTS badge as you would know is impossible to source.A friend of ours produced it and I think it came up well.There is also a laser etched one in the cabin on the dash.

Yeah I know were you are coming from re the mats.have since put the original skyline mats in .

Thanks again for the comments. :D

Love it, Thats some nice work their mate.....

I would love to have a wallet that fat :mad:

Cheers

Sumo

Sumo

With working in the Train industry their are some old style real tradesmen that dont get chance to ply their skills as they would like.This project let them do that and the whole job was not expensive.We did have to get some outside skills on it but all in all the two cars done wer every reasonable compared to what I have heard it can cost.

The main thing about both cars is the quality of the works done it is first class with all the work.we would do it again if it was not 110% correct.what i have found is that if the car looks good people will look for the one mistake and find it and forget the 99% of the car that is is perfect.so we made sure there was no one % to pick on.

On saying that hey people are still having a go at it.

If any of the guys on this forum see the car around in Melbourne feel free to introduce yourselves and have a look through it.

cheers Sumo :alien:

I thought there was a trader on SAU selling the rear clears about 6 months ago for a reasonable price. I didn't have a skyline then, so didn't pay that much attention.

I would love some for my 4 door R34, but haven't seen them for sale recently anywhere. Are you going to develop R34 ones too? :mad:

hey im looking at getting a new cluster and the one u got there looks dam good could u please tell me how mch u paid for that and where did u get it from and does it go over 180kms

thanks

love the work with the car man the seats look real good

bump on the cluster, the dash and the head unit

thats awesome i love it ...

very neat, very nice, i wish it was mine LOL ... i'll be giving my baby a similar treatment!!!

ive been looking at getting the front and rear seats as well as the front and rear trims redone through me a ball park figure please ne1 :rofl:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...