SAU Community

Straight gas?

Does anyone here run thier car on straight gas?

I was told if i converted my 32 to gas it would be quicker and cheaper to run. The only catch was the cost to install

and they lose power, i got 2 mates with the sam VR commonwhores, 1 on GAS, other on Petrol. You can tell easy that the petrol one pulls harder...

VL owners do it so that they do not spend more money than their car is worth on petrol...

it does have a higher octane rating, from memory its like 105. but the way gas is setup etc it prevents the engine from taking advantage of the 105 rating.

Well thats my point. The car is tuned to run gas and nothing alse so it gests the max out of the gas.

So i guess no one with a skyline has done it yet.

Guest DIRTgarage
Well thats my point. The car is tuned to run gas and nothing alse so it gests the max out of the gas.

So i guess no one with a skyline has done it yet.

The new gas injectors that have just been invented by an Aussie company will revolutionise the way we think of L.P.G.. The "gas injector" will fit into a standard fuel rail and totally do away with the power robbing gas mixers of the past. This will allow the full potential of the gas to be unlocked allowing gas to be used in high horsepower applications.

Dont believe it....here's a link!

http://www.abc.net.au/newinventors/txt/s1345083.htm

And here's another link with a dyno printout

http://www.gas-injection.com/news-lpg-gas-...gies.html#link1

Guest DIRTgarage
lol gas increase power? what world are you living on?

the earth...how bout you come and join us sometime!

there is a bit of difference between the gas systems that Always_me and spliff are talking about to the system that DIRTgarage is talking about..

have a read of the website its totaly different system

Guest DIRTgarage
there is a bit of difference between the gas systems that  Always_me and spliff are talking about to the system that DIRTgarage is talking about..

have a read of the website its totaly different system

They are refering to the old school way...which has its limitations....the new way will certainly be a lot more effieient and power productive. I am in contact with the development team regarding a high performance application for a drag car...I will keep you informed.

Gas injection sounds like good stuff! That Bill cambell has a reason to be smiling id say. Only down sides from running gas i can see are very small like the loss of intake air cooling effect from injecting petrol and the loss of added upper cylinder and valve lubrication

Are there any others??

so what is wrong with the way gas is added currently? why isnt it as power effective as petrol?

maybe down the track when we are looking for those bigger injectors spend a little more and go the gas...