SAU Community

Bad news for 2rismo

Guest DIRTgarage

What broke on your current diff? I have been told the centres are much stronger in the aftermarket mech. lsd's

Others might be able to shed some light on the strength, but I have never heard of one breaking, only the plates wearing out and needing to be changed

Mine seems pretty tough (ATS 1.5way) BUT.... I never broke my old diff either, it just would open wheel constantly.........

Kier Wilsons car used a ATS 1.5 way mech. centre in the rear of his 32 (well as far as I know he still does) That cops a fair hiding! Most of the drag 'R's run some sort of mech. lsd, we dont get much RWD drag coverage from Japan in mags really, so its hard to know what they use

What broke on your current diff? I have been told the centres are much stronger in the aftermarket mech. lsd's

Others might be able to shed some light on the strength, but I have never heard of one breaking, only the plates wearing out and needing to be changed

Mine seems pretty tough (ATS 1.5way) BUT.... I never broke my old diff either, it just would open wheel constantly.........

Kier Wilsons car used a ATS 1.5 way mech. centre in the rear of his 32 (well as far as I know he still does) That cops a fair hiding! Most of the drag 'R's run some sort of mech. lsd, we dont get much RWD drag coverage from Japan in mags really, so its hard to know what they use

Hooked up in a big way and it was too much for the pinion gears.

Have you got a contact for ATS 1(1.5) way diffs? Distributor? Manufacturer? Retailer?

Something like that would be ideal ... at least for the short amount of time that it would have this kind of instant shock loading on it.... should all be a thing of the past soon :mad:

Adrian

Hooked up in a big way and it was too much for the pinion gears.

Have you got a contact for ATS 1(1.5) way diffs?  Distributor?  Manufacturer?  Retailer?

Something like that would be ideal ... at least for the short amount of time that it would have this kind of instant shock loading on it.... should all be a thing of the past soon :P

Adrian

Just Jap in NSW are a dealer, might pay to get onto them. Mine was a s/h unit from FAT32

I am not surprised at all Adrian and about time and pushed you over the edge to get what you should have anyway a stronger tighter faster reacting diff. Don't just put a stocker back in. No we don't have anything in stock sorry.

Looking forward to the SAU drag day at end of the month don't just come watch get it sorted.

Dont know if it would be of any use but you could try Craft differential in Merrylands or even Bosnjak in Wetherill Park they might be able to work something for you

ive got a stocker diff for sale $19,000 with a free car!!!

(since you didnt bloody reply to my sms you rude bastard!)

seriously, tell me what sort of diff you are after and i can have a look around for you

I cracked up laughing but I couldn't reply :)

Powerplay had nothing - don't know where the HEAPS OF DIFFS comment came from!

Looks like I have a couple of options right now but thanks for your help :D

Adrian

Guest DIRTgarage
I cracked up laughing but I couldn't reply :)

Powerplay had nothing - don't know where the HEAPS OF DIFFS comment came from!

Looks like I have a couple of options right now but thanks for your help :D

Adrian

Did you get to talk to Jim?? if so what did he say??

Jim is looking into what options are available for me. Apparently he has the god of Japanese drag racing on hand to help out :D Sounds good to me :thumbsup:

Adrian