SAU Community

Initial D the movie

spx25t

I saw it on Saturday. It was ok but I felt that they rushed it a bit. Stages 1-3 are crammed into one movie with a lot left out (like Keisuke, Mako & Sato, Shingo etc...)

The driving was good, however they had the GT-R drifting instead of grip driving like in the series. Several things I'll say they absolutely butchered:

- Bunta is a moron, in the series everyone wants to be like him; he's so laid back and cool, in the movie he's a moron.

- Emperor's look like clowns, I just couldn't take them seriously enough.

- Ryosuke's character isn't developed at all so you need the background knowledge of the series to know that he's the undefeated White Comet of Akagi.

Jay Chow can't act, he's only got one facial expression :P I give it 6/10.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

saw the movie yesterday....a good and funny movie..

the funny thing was after getting out of the cinemas in Market city, walking to the car i saw a integra and a accord flying out of the car park dirft siteway across the intersection....LOL

saw the movie yesterday....a good and funny movie..

the funny thing was after getting out of the cinemas in Market city, walking to the car i saw a integra and a accord flying out of the car park dirft siteway across the intersection....LOL

i did too , what session did you watch i got in the 315 one from memory session time start at 1.15 ,3.15,5.15 and i think 7.15

legends of speed is also a good movie seen it awhile back ago on SBS

Legends of Speed was on SBS??? I remember seeing most of this movie but missed the last 30-40 min, I was really upset about this s well as I was enjoying (wow this was about 4 years ago). Can legends of speed be purchased anywhere?

Legends of Speed was on SBS??? I remember seeing most of this movie but missed the last 30-40 min, I was really upset about this s well as I was enjoying (wow this was about 4 years ago). Can legends of speed be purchased anywhere?

yeah this movie was made in 1999 and i remember watching a REALLY small scene where there was an S2000 and an R34 GT-T held up an in a garage.. please note: film was made in 1999 and so was the S2000 and R34 when they just came out, so it was a pretty hip movie in on all the new cars but yeah umm.. you live in sydney i see i got no idea where you can get your copy from but i got mine in the city in perth in this like alleyway store that is like hidden with heeps of cool honkie movies, if you find a chinese film supplier ask them if they can find you a copy and ship it over or something, mine was like $12 i think for a VCD.. they don't have DVD's so he told me but yeah, all my Young and Dangerous was like $7 each, pretty damn good!!!

yep sure was last year sometime , its funny i wasnt even watching it my sis came and told me that it was on i missed probably the first 15 mins of the start , im sure if you ask kindly SBS might be able to send u a copy or maybe even tell you where you can your own , i have to admit i wouldnt mind a copy myself.

after reading this forum i dragged my mate (who only new initail d as the arcade game

on george st) out to watch it with me. AAA+ i enjoyed every bit of it. it was like all the

infernal affairs & young 'n' dangerous crew. *drools* shame about takumi - jay chau is

fugly!!! bwhahaha...but yeh my advise "GO SEE THE MOVIE!" I wouldnt say its better

than fast and furious - just a different storyline but both thumbs up! : )

I saw it on thursday last week, overall the movie was alright .. 7/10

I got out of the cinema's into the carpark and then all these random's accords/integras ripping it out of the carpark attempting to "drift", thought it was pretty funny ..

The usual spammed actors were used, sick of the same people in every movie ..

jay chow did an alright job :talk2hand haahhah :bahaha:

finished downloading the movie today, it was one of those cheap ones where they take a video recorder into the cinema lol even had some parts with people standing up damn it.

overall it was an aiight movie a bit rushed and some of the characters are so different to the anime.

going to see the movie tomorrow...can't wait :) i'm a big fan of the series so i hope it isn't a let down (i thought the trailers looked ok). It wouldn't be americanised, cause it's not made for americans, it's made for asians.

Also wouldn't recomend downloading the movie, those things are always poor quality and ruin the movie...so you might end up thinking its a bit poor.

i thought the movie was awesome...8/10 i don't think anyone should make any reference to this and fast and the furious, they have nothing in common. They did a good job trying to fit the first 3 stages into one movie, might have been better if they only did the movie on the first two? who knows. A few characters were left out, but that happens. hmmm missed those sileighty chicks though hehe. Maybe in the next movie :mad:

As far as i know the movie has been selling out every session, so if you want to go buy your ticket early.

all i can say is i don't remember takumis girlfriend being a hooker in the cartoon series!!

also, takumi looked like he was half asleep 80% of the time. I know his character was always a bit 'dopy' but most of the time he was drifting one handed with his head resting on his right hand...

still a top movie. good fun.

er, she was a "schoolgirl companion" in the manga/anime which is a kawaii hooker :)

bunta's a perve in the manga as well, in the anime they left some of it out. so I guess the movie version of him's not too far off.

was nice to see em use a 16 valve 4age and then change to a 20v later in the movie, which is good attention to detail.

They used an R32 GTSt in the film made to look like a GTR, because it was easier/cheaper to film, hence why its not grip driving, and drifting. In fact the sprinter was gripping more than the skyline in some of the scenes.

Itsuki drives an S13 at the start of the movie... umm wtf? There's a fair bit of throwing up in the movie too... which is wierd but funny at the same time.

Overall it wasn't too bad an effort, it would have been bastardaised far more if some yanky director got the rights to it (the English dubs of the anime was horrid enough as it is with more "bro's", "JayDeeYem", and "tyte y0!" per second than ever heard in television history), with F&F looking shit everywhere. I guess that's why they're releasing F&F3 set in japan doin the whole too-gay thing.

fyi: Initial D is being shown on monday nights at 10:00pm or 10:30pm on cartoon network :)

dont know if it is the american voiceover or the subs version, only saw the credits