SAU Community

caught for speeding what to do?

tactic

I was caught for speeding last night.. 122 in a 100 zone on the princess hwy coming back from wollongong.. i've lost 6 points and have 0 left on my licence but apparently i can still drive because i need to lose 7..

anyway i was wondering if i could write a letter sicne it is my first offense.. it was at 11pm at night and no one on the rd.. what should i put in the letter if i was to write one?

if you have no points you will lose your liscense for 3 months and then get them all back. You will still be able to drive until you recieve the letter from the RTA and they will tell you from what date your liscence is suspended. Just hope the speed you were doing doesn't incur an automatic loss of liscense because the laws in regards to it were changed recently. I don't like your chances of getting off especially as it is a double demerits weekend

Originally posted by tactic

I was caught for speeding last night.. 122 in a 100 zone on the princess hwy coming back from wollongong.. i've lost 6 points and have 0 left on my licence but apparently i can still drive because i need to lose 7..

anyway i was wondering if i could write a letter sicne it is my first offense.. it was at 11pm at night and no one on the rd.. what should i put in the letter if i was to write one?

shit mark. Sorry to hear that.

if you have 0 points on the dot you will lose the license for 3 months. But when you get it back you will have a full 12 points.

But dont worry. You can have the option of taking 1 point for 1 whole year driving.

If worse comes to worse. Take that option and drive safely.

Otherwise take the 3 months suspension to get your points back.

Call me.

That's a bummer dude ;) I always drive like a grandmother when double demerit points rolls around... Don't give the police *ANY* reason to pull you over...

I don't think I read that properly... How can this be your first offence but you only have 6 points left on your licence?

And yes, as the others have said, you don't need to hit -1 points, if you have 0 points, you're going to either lose your licence for 3 months, or be on 1 point probation for a year...

Personally I'd take that 1 point probation so you don't lose your licence which your insurance company will DEFINITELY not like. But make DAMN SURE you have the will power not to speed *AT ALL* for an entire year, otherwise if you get busted during that year, you lose your licence for 6 months!

Hope Minh can wave his magic wand and get you off lightly!

Necessary finger pointing: Don't speed next time dumbass! :)

I don't like your chances of getting off if you don't have an excuse.

Just cop it sweet and sit on the sideline for 3months or do the 1pt for 12months.

I did 1pt for 3 years :eek: Just drive sensibly :uh-huh:

okay i have done some checking on the rta site and for green p's which i am on i have 7 points woohoo. i have 1 point left, yep time to drive like a girl but i am still going to try and write a letter and see what happens.

everyone keeps telling me that since its my first offense i should write a letter and they will proberly be left off.

I think it's above 130km/h, by by license. Not sure if that comes into play yet. If you still on your P's then you probably won't get off as they normally let people with long period of, or no traffic offences.

If worse comes to worse, bite the bullet and go public transport for 3 months. b*tch but better than a year of granny driving. Get Minh to drive you around. ;)

Guys making booty calls hey?

Call me now... 1800-TAKE-ME-NOW :shake:

Originally posted by tactic

okay i have done some checking on the rta site and for green p's which i am on i have 7 points woohoo. i have 1 point left, yep time to drive like a girl but i am still going to try and write a letter and see what happens.

everyone keeps telling me that since its my first offense i should write a letter and they will proberly be left off.

If you have a half reasonable reason for speeding you'll get let off. In your case I can't see them letting you off, esp since you are a P plater.

I have gotten off a red-light offence and my excuse was half-reasonable and I went to the trouble of drawing up a diagram and stuff.

Good luck with it anyway.

Don't write a letter unless u can't afford the fine, they will just send u a coupon book so u can pay if off slowly,

this is a big leanring exp. no more speeding mark ;)

iv lost 33 points mark u know this :) i havne't even counted them all up yet if i did i reakon it would be more like 40+ but yeh

for all you's that are gonna flame me?? you can eat me =)

You can't do much man, iv exausted all avenues (trust me)

the only thing u could do is take it to court im serious man, f**k em and just take it to court, @ worst it will cost you extra $50 for court fee BUT u may get a lenient sentance,

My brother got off very lightly , dunno if he told u , i will tell you next time

Donnie

tactic, if it's ur first offence, i would definately try writing a letter. It can't hurt to try :) Just try to make it sound really good, and not like ur having a whinge.

Last time I got pulled over, the cop asked me if it was my first offence, I said "No" and he said "well if it was, i was going to suggest you write in, because they'd probably let you off." His words exactly!!!

I wasn't on my P's though ;)

Sorry to hear what happened tactic.

Just a quik question, when your on your p's are you actually allowed to go over 80Km/h?

You nevered said if it was by camera which i presume or were you pulled over? If you were pulled over it would be harder to be let off than by a camera.

Try and write the letter anyway, you've got nothing to lose, only to gain. Your points anyway.

Take care all, cops seem to be everywhere and with cars like our they will always take a second look.

Originally posted by DR GTR

Haha Michael he was driving a stock Pulsar

damm it made me feel good that people would take a 2nd look at my car hahaha

my speed limit on green P's is 100km/h

red p's is 90

and l's are 80

i talked to 2 cops who came into work today

and they told me to write a letter as well ;)