SAU Community

R33 Tail Lights

Stoffle

Originally posted by Mud

Some bodgey Japense bastard had cut the wires on mine so that only the outside two tail lights illuminated.

All 4 would light up for the brakes though.

It was quite cool as no one could pick mine as a Skyline from a distance.

I have since re wired it so that I have the trademark 4 stove plates.

I couldn't bare bieng different, but I think clear is cool

LOL They do that for compliancing. Australian ADR only allow for one break light per side.

Yeah just wire it back up when your ready and away you go, hehehe

yeah if the the police officer wants to be a total idiot yes.

The car has to stay strictly to the guidelines that it was passed on for compliancing.

My work colleagues who are police officers too dont bother with silly crap like that

quote'They do that for compliancing. Australian ADR only allow for one break light per side. 'quote

i have been working in the import market for over 7 years. And i have never see this done for that reson. But some compliancing company's black out s13 corner light's and put in guard repeters, and some don't. I am in QLD but that should not make a diff to ADR's

I noticed that its never performed on R33 though.

R32 they did or still do? Maybe because Australian Delivered GTR had the same one break light per side.

A Reputable compliancer down here in Sydney told me about it. Zoran is his name.

Well all this talk of changing taillights on my black car there is pointless now, as I've decided to buy a winered r33, as the black car was apparently going to take quite a long time to get over here.

The new car is spotless inside and out (except for steering wheel is worn, it came with a pretty floral cover but i decided that it wasnt required)

it's 1994 m-spec with the only mod being a 3.5" kakimoto exhaust... i can pick it up on tuesday ... yay (now i gotta get the "R33" plates changed to red)