SAU Community

R33 Tail Lights

Stoffle

Hey all,

Has anybody seen tail lights like this around, any idea where they might have originated from?

I've just bought this car and I'm not 100% sure I'm keen on how the rear-end looks at the moment... let me know what you think.

I would love to get one of the illuminated "Skyline" panels, so if anyone could tell me where to get them i'd appreciate it.

Guest Boxhead
Originally posted by Stoffle

Hey all,

Has anybody seen tail lights like this around, any idea where they might have originated from?

I've just bought this car and I'm not 100% sure I'm keen on how the rear-end looks at the moment... let me know what you think.

I would love to get one of the illuminated "Skyline" panels, so if anyone could tell me where to get them i'd appreciate it.

i dont know about where to get them but i rekon if anyone did know where, they would keep it a secret, coz the red afterburners are the trade mark of the skyline...

Some bodgey Japense bastard had cut the wires on mine so that only the outside two tail lights illuminated.

All 4 would light up for the brakes though.

It was quite cool as no one could pick mine as a Skyline from a distance.

I have since re wired it so that I have the trademark 4 stove plates.

I couldn't bare bieng different, but I think clear is cool

I probably would've liked that... i kinda dont mind the R32s with the single light kit (so they lose the inner afterburner) but i think that's just because i dont like the 32 lights anyway... the rectangular indicators...

Before I bought the 33 I thought that the inner circles of the taillights were actually lights not just reflectors, I was going to make the outer circles into indicators... so much for that idea...

Originally posted by darK

that would have been a excellent idea stoffle...

it would have looked pretty nice...

maybe its possible to make the (now.. stay with me here...)

the 2 outer parts of the inner lights into brake lights.. and the 2 outer parts of the outer lights the brake lights.. or vice versa... something like that? would that be possible?

You lost me... :confused:

yeah, that's possible.

just a bit time consuming ****ing around to get it right.

Oh and you'd have red indicators unless you get the clear lenses as mentioned above and orange bulbs

We'll I've decided I'm gonna give it a go... make the outer afterburners indicators, the inner ones brake/tail lights... i might make the standard rectangular indicators into brake lights or something too if i can find one of those illuminated 'skyline' panels (apprently they're actually a factory option?). I gather though that this might cause some problems with the boys in blue??

Shouldnt be too difficult though as all of my rear lights have clear lenses... so it'll just be a case of getting the coloured bulbs as Mud said.