SAU Community

Do you drive a manual or an automatic car?

246 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its gotta be a manual......I dont know how anyone can drive a grand touring performance car with an automatic transmission??? You can drive a manual harder in my opinion and have more control of the gear shift and power delivery. But I suppose its just a question of the persons choice. I sit Sydney traffic every day and dont even notice.

My 2c :bananaman

I have an auto - and its excellent. (admitedly I had a new valve body installed).

I get all the advantages of an auto in traffic, and it hasnt given me any problems on runs through the hills. I have over 220rwkw (you can get good power from an auto).

Another advantage is the maintenance factor - how many of you manual drivers have spent a fortune on clutches?

PS - anyone here want to tell the F1 boys they dont have sprts cars? I believe they are all autos.

F1 drivers drive a cart. not a car. :(

The reason they have autos are so that they can concentrate on steering. I doubt the auto box in your skyline could even compare to the ones the F1 teams use.

Sumo

F1 drivers drive a cart. not a car. :(

I doubt the auto box in your skyline could even compare to the ones the F1 teams use.

Sumo

LOL!!...really, are you sure???? C'mon I think an unvalidated comment like that is rather indicative of your age.

Now lets see.....

F1 machine = million $$$ machine with nasa technology

Skyline = affordable performance vehicle and 'definately' uncomparable in any way, shape or form.

To use the 2 in the same sentence is just ridiculous!!!

Oh and by the way, if they're sole job is to concerntrate on steering only why is it that he the driver can control and adjust almost every mechanical apsect of the vehicle from the plethora of controls on his steering wheel. That steering wheel is no doubt worth more than your car!

Auto - I learnt on manual and my first car was manual so I gotta say I love manual.

I've driven way too many autos on my bussines trips and I hated them all. And then along came an auto skyline with a VERY good price tag. So the first thing I was gonna do to the car was change it to manual, but after driving it for a month I loved it and realised it was the best auto car I've ever driven.

Heading in or out of corners and thru roundabouts is great, always in the right gear on the exit and with proper throtle control it's easy to get the gears/rpm right.

Now I've installed the modified valve body and the whole experience with an auto has improved even more with qucker shifts on full throtle. It's a great everyday car.

To keep the whole thing in perspective, auto is not something I would take drifting.

4door_sleeper - thats quite impressive time. Would you mind sharing the launch RPM's and you 60" time?

Darkboy, did you not read the post i was replying too?

The age thing also is a pretty poor comeback. I would have thought someone as mature as you could have come up with something better then a personal attack.

Sumo

P.S. Do you want some edumacation?

4door_sleeper - thats quite impressive time. Would you mind sharing the launch RPM's and you 60" time?

Launching was done in gear, and foot held down enough to not quite break traction. Another advantage of the auto is that I launch on boost :-)

My 60ft times were SH1T because I still had my TYNE HA coil overs on the car. I think they were around 2.3 seconds.

With the rear end set up properly and a new torque converter I should be able to get a low 12 easy (I hope)

Darkboy, did you not read the post i was replying too?

The age thing also is a pretty poor comeback. I would have thought someone as mature as you could have come up with something better then a personal attack.

Sumo

P.S. Do you want some edumacation?

Sniff Sniff!!

Me mature.... bwaaaaarrhh, I'm far from it. In fact I'm just an innate individual and that's why I cannot resist replying to messages such as yours. Subsequently I've hit a nerve and must express my deepest apologies. I never meant to invoke any form of insecurity.

R34 Tiptronic :D Not jumping with joy, nor am I balling with misery~

Reasons:

1) So other people in the family can drive it

2) About $8k off the price tag

3) Only car at the time that met my condition requirements